Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing With Rod Makes The Front Page Today  (Read 8505 times)

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing With Rod Makes The Front Page Today
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »

You dont like what I have to say and call me righteous? If you knew me you would know thats the furthest from the truth. If your going to state something and make it look as though it is fact than provide all the details. Its better to have all the details instead of just making a very general statement such as yours.

BTW  I didnt use the words " Why not you prove " I would never use those words like thats because its not proper English which makes it hard to read  :P

Now, that's racist.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »

Now, that's racist.

How is it racist. Saying something is not proper English is not racist. Explain to me how its racist

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »

Being an English teacher, I see no racism in promoting the use of proper English.
That said, why are we even having this silly discussion on this thread? ::)
Snaggers and poachers come in all colours and scents, and the fish don't speak English anyway.  :P

Quote from: Adriaticum
Vedder is a meat fishery as are other major hatchery enhanced systems.
That's why it's so busy.
This, however, doesn't give people the right to do whatever they want.

So we just have to be active and in the face of those who are breaking laws intentionally.
And educate.
Establish good communication channels with the Fisheries people and the police so that they listen to you when you call them.
I can tell you I sure am.

I don't fish with the crowds too often but when I do some people don't like me.

Fisheries people should use the few dedicated fishermen and give them authority to inspect people's catch and remind and educate people about regulations.
Just like they have broodstock fishermen, they should have an education squad so that you can help educate those who want to know and prevent poaching by those who don't care.

Good post, Adriaticum.  It pretty much mirrors my views. :)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

Note-Once Again-there is no right to fish for sport.

Some of you Guys need to get your collective heads out of your nether regions before the whole show goes down the toilet.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 11:42:38 AM »

I've encounter you once before and really that is the very impression you give.

My bad, you said "unless you can prove otherwise"  similarly if you want to give the impression it's all ocean caught, should you not do the same?

You dont like what I have to say and call me righteous? If you knew me you would know thats the furthest from the truth. If your going to state something and make it look as though it is fact than provide all the details. Its better to have all the details instead of just making a very general statement such as yours.

BTW  I didnt use the words " Why not you prove " I would never use those words like thats because its not proper English which makes it hard to read  :P

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »

I've encounter you once before and really that is the very impression you give.

My bad, you said "unless you can prove otherwise"  similarly if you want to give the impression it's all ocean caught, should you not do the same?

This incident your referring to must be very insignifant as I don't recall it.
I should prove it? I didn't bring it up you did.

Do you want to continue to argue semantics? I can do this forever if you want lol

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 02:10:01 PM »

If I did up post lik dis and wuz talking no wait tieping then using some better english and somebuddy says my english sucks duz that maek them racist er duz it mak me stoopid?

:D

kidding, bwibwi......you really should know somebody before hurling such a powerful insult.  To somebody that isn't racist, there isn't much worse you can say.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

It's just easier to lock up a thread like this than cleaning it since we're so far off the topic now. Anyway, the discussion on how Vedder should be managed has already been done many times on the forum but overall it's pretty pointless to do it here as these ideas usually only stay here since most participants are not involved at meetings where actual changes are made.