Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: B.C. based TV Fishing shows  (Read 13262 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: B.C. based TV Fishing shows
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 07:32:50 PM »

I agree fishing the flats is cool. Can never get enough of the bonefish. Going to fish for them next year myself.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 07:43:49 PM »

Well smartguy if you read my post instead of skimming it you would have probably not said what you said. I never made false accusations like Cody did.I said they used guides most of the time ( not an insult ) I said one could not use a pontoon ( it is true saw it with my own eyes ( also not an insult ) said they spend more time cooking on their show ( also true and also not an insult )If you just have a problem with me, find something better to go after me for than something like this.

Cody claims he drinks before his show. Which is quite the insult and accusation. Bad mouthing is one thing and accusing someone of doing something like drinking before a show is ridiculous. I don't care if people don't like his show thats fine its what Cody said that was upsetting.

Don't ever call me Bobo again.

Firstly, I don't have a problem with you Bobo, never have and most likely never will. 

All Cody did was express and opinion about Cooper's on air personality.  Personally I didn't take his statement as an accusation, just a reflection of what Cody's opinion of what his on-air personality was like.  You seemed to take it as an accusation, which is totally fine by me.  We can just agree to disagree.

You are a smart guy.  Therefore, I assume you know what context means.  When you start off a pragraph with ".... are you serious? Shelley and Courtney?  What a joke of a show." what sort of tone do you think that sets?  Taking your statements in context, all you did was insult the two ladies.  (Just as an aside, I believe I saw a show where they went fly fishing but the problem was that they didn't know how to cast)

Whatever, I have fulfilled my 2 posts/month quota now.  Respond if you want, spin it any which way you like.  I am going into hibernation unless I have a fishing report from a well known location.

Shane

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 08:06:29 PM »

I asked you not to call me Bobo as my name is Bryan. It was a joke used on FishBC between friends. Please dont disrespect me.

It is a joke of a show. Its like a publicity stunt. Taking two girls that are not accomplished anglers and giving them their own show is not something I would take seriously.

Gary Cooper has many years of representing the sport and is very accomplished. BTW I was not bragging about meeting him. I have met allot more famous people than him as I worked in the film industry and got to meet a ton but never brag about it. I dont need to brag about meeting people as to me people are people and celebrity status means nothing to me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »

I like sportfishing bc, and shely and courtneys new one. cant remeber the name buts its good.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 09:00:37 PM »

DIME STORE FISHERMAN ;D ;D ;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

mess

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »

Fishing with Tony Rutledge

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 09:21:59 PM »

DIME STORE FISHERMAN ;D ;D ;D ;D

How did I know you would like them. You would fit right in with that coon on your head   :P ;D

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 09:24:53 PM »

nobody likes my shows...? :-\

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 09:26:57 PM »

Add some more special guests. As long as Big Steel is not involved I will watch  ;D He will just HAM it up!!!  :D

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 10:09:01 PM »

Sorry Rod, but if you were fishing for something else other than bass you might have more credability ;D

Muddler

• Tight Lines!
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »

Why would you guys stay away from Coopers show? I had the chance of fishing next to him last year and also had a couple drinks with him afterwards. He is very knowledgable and a GREAT guy. I have always enjoyed his shows and its nice to know that their are still good guys out there like him. Nice to assume he drinks before filming their Cody. It just shows your age by saying something like that.

Dale9 are you serious? Shelly & Courtney? What a joke of a show. Those girls used guides 99% of the time and even had guides hook fish for them a good portion of the time. I remember one show they were in the Kootneys on pontoons and one of the girls didnt even know how to use the pontoon. That show was on just because of the girls. They spent more time showing how to cook fish than fishing.

A good show with a woman as a host is What a Catch. She doesnt always catch the most fish but she shows how enjoyable it is.

Actually, with the exception of maybe a few episodes, Mark Pendlington guides all the time. If these guides weren't used on these shows you wouldnt get that local knowledge that all the regions of BC offers.

As far as sportfishing BC goes, yes it is a good show, but for about one year every episode seemed like it was saltwater flyfishing at places inthe Charlottes. I like a fishing show that goes to places that the average joe can afford to go. I am not willing to fork out the $3000 to $5000 to fish inthe Charlottes for coho. If I had that money I would be walking some flats in belize.

There are some awesome fishing shows inthe states on ESPN2. Also, I liked all the fishing shows they used to play on OLN (Iron Blue Flyfisher etc...). And of course there is SFOTF, probably the best BC fishing show.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:50 AM »

Fishing the flats. It gets me in vacation mood.  ;D

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 07:59:57 AM »

Im not really a big fan of the flats becuase I find the little music peice to much and a waste ;D
Sprotfishing B.C is my fav. becuase its the most realistis fishing for me...although not catching as many. ;D
Shelley and courtney show kinda reminds me of that Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie show! ;DSimple Life.
I dont really like a lot of those ontario shows as they are mostly bass fishing and catch like 20 in a day. It just gets kinda of boring.
That pretty much sums me up :D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 08:33:03 AM »

Any old guys remember " Fishing the West " this was the only show I watched. I stay away from the new ones except SFOTF, these guys always end up doing a show from some of my favorite fishing locations.

That was an AWESOME show! I have a few on video tape from the 80s... That one was as close to Sortfishing BC as you could get, just back in that day there was no flyfishing...

I particularly enjoyed Buzz Ramsey fishing the Tillamook River for Steelhead... Magical!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »

I used to watch Henry Wazchuk and Italo Labignan when they were a duo.  They were usually pretty informative.  Its a shame that they split up. :'(
Other than that it is usaually Sportfishing BC (even though most are repeats). I will still watch them over and over again. :)