Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: B.C. based TV Fishing shows  (Read 13263 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
B.C. based TV Fishing shows
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

what tv fishing shows do you watch and why?
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: B.C. based TV Fishing shows
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

I watch SportfishingBC if available. I stay away from Nice Fish with Garry Cooper.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »

When the heck is sports fishing bc on and what channel? i remember it was on 22 long time ago but i dont see it anymore.
[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

Good question Floater. Anybody know ?

Dale9

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »

I used to watch" Fishing with Shelly and Courtney". Actually not a bad show. I'm mostly into catch and release so their obligatory section on the show about how to cook your catch was a waste of time for me, however.  But I was glad that they fished, mostly, BC destinations, instead of far-away places like 90% of the fishing shows that are on cable.

fishfinder

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »

Sportfishing BC   Friday and Saturday 1:30pm, and Sunday 11:30pm on Knowledge Network channel 5
Sportfishing on the Fly  sunday 8am channel 12  A-Channel Victoria
Sportfishing BC  Sunday 9am Channel 12   A-Channel Victoria

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »

I enjoy sportfishing bc, I watched it the other day
weeeeeeeeeow!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »

sportfishing bc over any other show ;). as what fish assasin said, i try to stay away from the gary cooper stuff.

i think he usually has a few beofre each show. he's not all there ::) ::) ::)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »

Why would you guys stay away from Coopers show? I had the chance of fishing next to him last year and also had a couple drinks with him afterwards. He is very knowledgable and a GREAT guy. I have always enjoyed his shows and its nice to know that their are still good guys out there like him. Nice to assume he drinks before filming their Cody. It just shows your age by saying something like that.

Dale9 are you serious? Shelly & Courtney? What a joke of a show. Those girls used guides 99% of the time and even had guides hook fish for them a good portion of the time. I remember one show they were in the Kootneys on pontoons and one of the girls didnt even know how to use the pontoon. That show was on just because of the girls. They spent more time showing how to cook fish than fishing.

A good show with a woman as a host is What a Catch. She doesnt always catch the most fish but she shows how enjoyable it is.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »

Red Fisher from the Scuttlebutt Lodge

Nothing wrong with Gary Cooper too. He was on some years back as one of the earlier west coast fishing shows ,which was rare then.
It's those guy's laughing and chortling on Dime Store Fishing that grates against my bahoka.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:11:36 PM by troutbreath »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 06:09:34 PM »

Why would you guys stay away from Coopers show? I had the chance of fishing next to him last year and also had a couple drinks with him afterwards. He is very knowledgable and a GREAT guy. I have always enjoyed his shows and its nice to know that their are still good guys out there like him. Nice to assume he drinks before filming their Cody. It just shows your age by saying something like that.

Dale9 are you serious? Shelly & Courtney? What a joke of a show. Those girls used guides 99% of the time and even had guides hook fish for them a good portion of the time. I remember one show they were in the Kootneys on pontoons and one of the girls didnt even know how to use the pontoon. That show was on just because of the girls. They spent more time showing how to cook fish than fishing.

A good show with a woman as a host is What a Catch. She doesnt always catch the most fish but she shows how enjoyable it is.

Ummmm Bobo, how can you sit there and basically insult people for not liking a certain show or host but then in the very next paragraph do the same thing and bad mouth Shelley and Courtney and their show???

Who really cares if you've met Coop?  The guys were just expressing an opinion on his on-air persoanlity. 

Is it just me or does anybody else find Bobo's first two paragraphs hypocritical at best?

Shane

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 06:26:57 PM »

Ummmm Bobo, how can you sit there and basically insult people for not liking a certain show or host but then in the very next paragraph do the same thing and bad mouth Shelley and Courtney and their show???

Who really cares if you've met Coop?  The guys were just expressing an opinion on his on-air persoanlity. 

Is it just me or does anybody else find Bobo's first two paragraphs hypocritical at best?

Shane

Well smartguy if you read my post instead of skimming it you would have probably not said what you said. I never made false accusations like Cody did.I said they used guides most of the time ( not an insult ) I said one could not use a pontoon ( it is true saw it with my own eyes ( also not an insult ) said they spend more time cooking on their show ( also true and also not an insult )If you just have a problem with me, find something better to go after me for than something like this.

Cody claims he drinks before his show. Which is quite the insult and accusation. Bad mouthing is one thing and accusing someone of doing something like drinking before a show is ridiculous. I don't care if people don't like his show thats fine its what Cody said that was upsetting.

Don't ever call me Bobo again.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »

I'll pretty much watch anything as long as it doesn't involve bass, perch, pike or walleye.  Canadian sportfishing used to do that all the time and I just got tired of it.  As for my favourites, Sportfishing BC with Pendlington, Gary Cooper (I was watching this guy when he first started the fishing diary, and it was very local at the time), Sportfishing on the Fly and Izumi when he goes for salmon on the west coast.  Something for variety to spice it up includes some of those programs on TNN where they go for Yellowfin Tuna or Dorado.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »

Ya how could I forget SFOTF great show.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »

Another one thats kind of cooo lis fishing the flats. And of course all the ones that do salmon steelhead.

I can't stand it when they keep switching from colour to black and white and back to colour again.