Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So Gretzky is a coach  (Read 5432 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
So Gretzky is a coach
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »

I personally hope that he doesn't crash and burn.  Wondering what everyone thinks his chances are though.  He should have an entertaining team at least.  We know that he builds teams on talent and doesn't like a trap of any sort, so it should be pretty interesting!!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: So Gretzky is a coach
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

I personally hope that he doesn't crash and burn.  Wondering what everyone thinks his chances are though.  He should have an entertaining team at least.  We know that he builds teams on talent and doesn't like a trap of any sort, so it should be pretty interesting!!!!

Being a big fan of his I also hope he does well. I am skeptical though as his team is not that good. When Petr Nedved is your #1 Center and a 42 year old Brett Hull is also a 1st liner than thats trouble.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 08:36:04 PM »

I just hope he realize what he's gotten himself into. Wish him the best though.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 11:45:52 PM »

i agree, his team is a little weak, but then again gretzky's no slouch.  i have to give him the benefit of the doubt, considering what he's done for the national and olympic teams.

i too wish him the best of luck.  he deserves it.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 06:07:38 PM »

I think that given a little time that Gretz will do just fine as a coach.  Phoenix has allot of younger players.  Well, we already know that he has the respect of the team.  I think that they might have a slow start, being that their first game is against the canucks, but they will come around and be a lay-off contender!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 02:54:21 PM »

Shane Doan is a great two way player and a leader watch him this year . Brett Hull allways pops his share of goals and Cujo can stop pucks not to mention Mike Comrie. Add Mke Ricci and Derek Morris to the mix you have a decent couple of lines to work with after that it's slim pickens but there's allways an unsung hero waiting to make a name for himself . Gretzky  has succeded at every thing he's done and I think he'll suceed at coaching as well may be not right away but in the near future for sure . With the way the new NHL is players will be relocating more than ever who would't want to play for Gretzky not to mention play in sunny Pheonix . Im sure he'll run a wide open style which will attract lots of super stars with the unrestricted free agency being so young he'll have a contender in 5 years or less.