Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new NHL rule changes  (Read 9413 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: new NHL rule changes
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 11:38:28 PM »

i think cloutier is injured. he was absent at the jake milford golf tournament held here in richmond a couple of days ago....(Ohlund was also absent due to a bad back)

i for one think he's a great goalie and a great a person.

i work for a company that hosts the tournament annually. so i have the privilege of talking with some of the players on occasion.

i met Park, MacArthy(sp?), and Carter for the first time and they were all very nice. although i think macarthy wasn't too pleased with being traded to Vancouver from Chicago.

Crawford comes across as arrogant and Jovanaski is a bit of a snob.

Naslund and Bertuzzi were their normal selves, hanging out together being very conservative.

the twins, Salo, Rhuttu, and a couple of the other Europeans hung out together.

then of course there were Morrison and Linden (both class acts) who hung out with everybody else.

to top it all off i got autographs from Ron Dalorme, Harold Snepts, Richard Brodeur, Stan Smyl, Kirk Mclean, and Odjick. ;D

Sorry, i didn't mean to go off topic. ::)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 11:02:23 PM »

Eddie i will agree with you, Cloutier does have good REGULAR season numbers.  BUT, he does get hurt allot and he also has shown nothing but frustration in the play-offs.  To me you are nothing if you are not a performer when it counts.  I do like him as a person.  He does seem like a great guy.  He does have to put up with allot of crap.  I would like nothing better for him to prove me and so many other people wrong.  But I just don't see that happening.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 01:39:43 AM »

this year is pretty much, 'the make it or break it' year for most of the canuck players. not just dan cloutier. they had their chances in the past, but they blew it on some poor plays and poor decision making. :'(

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 06:41:07 AM »

I agree Steel but Cloutier got hurt in the playoffs the last season so he didnt really get a chance to prove it last time. In the playoffs this year he needs to perform their is no doubt about it. If he is the reason they lose any games I will be the first to say that he's not the right guy. If he plays and they lose because of the rest of the team than we have to look somewhere else. I still think the Canucks are missing a good stay at home defenseman. They need a Murray Baron on their team. Someone who can cleatr guys infront of the net.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 01:21:50 PM »

Is Dana Murzyn coming out of retirement ? ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »

Yes clouts did get hurt in the playoffs, and it was the team that let Alex Auld down.  In my opinion, Alex played his my friend off last year in the playoffs.  He showed that he can play when the pressure is on, and man was it on.  To me he at least showed that he deserves more of a chance this year. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!