Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting the NHL Back  (Read 4915 times)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
Getting the NHL Back
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:10:30 AM »

Just a thought or two !

It's now time to get to the real problem so that we see the return of the NHL by next season. The owners and players need to fix the real this major problem and that is to remove both Betteman and Goodenow from the scene. Their usefulness is now over (if it was ever there) and they should be given the opportunity to "resign" as their lack of respect for each other will not allow any agreement to be reached. They can use the standard excuses such as "poor health," "need to spend more time with the family", etc., etc. If they don't resign within a month, they should be fired outright. This will remove the eqo problem and both sides can begin seriious negotiations and an agreement can be reached without anyone losing face. The winners will then be the fans, the players, the owners and of course, hockey in general. As in any labour negotiations, personalities are now getting in the way of a solution.

Let's go fishing !
"One man of courage makes a majority"

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re: Getting the NHL Back
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:00:06 AM »

I'm getting the NHL back already.  I've got better things to do.  They have been losing me as afan over the past 10 years with all the clutching and grabbing slowing the game down.  This lock-out is the last straw.  Gone fishin' ;D

Ho whacker

Re: Getting the NHL Back
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 06:42:59 PM »

soon enough my time will have to be divided between work,hockey and fishing
Theres no fish in the harrison I swear ;)