Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fixed the calcutta!  (Read 8169 times)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: *#!! calcutta 201B
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 09:51:30 PM »

A easy solution to your problems, buy a centre pin reel, no gears to worry about again, all you have to do is to learn how to cast it.

Once you use one you will never want to use any other type.

what chris gdasaden said  ;D

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 09:52:09 PM »

Thats Funny Chris,  Winter steel said the same thing and I told him that everytime we're out he says " I should have brought my level wind" LOL.   On a side note, you do that trip every year to the Thompson for jacks, but you never mention going out on the Vedder for them..have you been out?
Fish on!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 09:56:57 PM »

Thats Funny Chris,  Winter steel said the same thing and I told him that everytime we're out he says " I should have brought my level wind" LOL.   On a side note, you do that trip every year to the Thompson for jacks, but you never mention going out on the Vedder for them..have you been out?
No as I just got back from England so trying to catch up on some of my 9 commitees of which 3 are fish related. Just going to get some roe out tonight and maybe give the Avon a work out in the AM. ;D ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 09:58:57 PM »

A easy solution to your problems, buy a centre pin reel, no gears to worry about again, all you have to do is to learn how to cast it. ;D

Once you use one you will never want to use any other type.
lol you drove by my on saturday and slowed down to watch me battle the first fish i've hooked onthe pin rod.
Yes I remember, a spring by the look of the bend of the rod. ;D ;D

Yup, around 30lbs, on my 8-15lb trophy xl 9' with trophy winterrun centrepin reel. lol didnt land it though.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 04:22:21 PM »

Just a follow up on my calcutta 201 problem.  No problem anymore, it was the brakes needing to be set in the on position.  They were all off.  The new calcutta's have a side plate open feature that lets you adjust the brakes without taking apart any of the reel.  Cool.   BP
Fish on!

norm_2

Re: Fixed the calcutta!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 08:26:37 PM »

BP: what have you notice that is different between the old and new models?  Is the new better and if it is, why?  Or the reverse?  Thank.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
Re: Fixed the calcutta!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 08:10:37 PM »

Norm, My old reel is a 251.  The new one is a 200B,  it replaces the 250/251 this year.  The new calcutta has a 6:1 gear ratio, while the old one has only a 5:1 ratio. This means a Quicker retrieve. The new one has three stainless steel ball bearings instead of two, and a stainless steel roller bearing.  Also all bearings are now anti-rust protected.  Plus the Quick release of the brake cover.
Fish on!