Yes! :D
- 54 (68.4%)
No... :(
- 10 (12.7%)
Maybe.
- 15 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: March 05, 2010, 08:01:04 PM

Author Topic: 2010 BC Boats & Sportsmen's Show  (Read 8011 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Re: 2010 BC Boats & Sportsmen's Show
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »

I'll be going tomorrow, maybe see some gear I'd like to buy and stuff I wish I could buy

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »

The free ticket draw has been done and the list of winners has been emailed out to all the contestants.

I will be at the show tomorrow from Noon until 5:00pm at the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC's section. Come on by for a chat.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »

I'll see you there lol
Going to do some fishing at Mill Lake in the morning before the doors open. I haven't been to the show since I was a kid, when it used to be at the Agro- dome at Hastings park

costas

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »

Can someone please tell me how much it is to get in.thanks in advance
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »

It was nice to catch up with many of you again and meet new faces as well. :)

Here are some photos from today. There are still two days for you to get out there to enjoy this annual show.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »

hey Rod, saw you and Nina there, but didn't get a chance to say hello because you were chatting it with up with a couple of gentlemen.

i enjoyed the show, but was disappointed that some of the reps i was expecting didn't show up...DNE, Reaction Fly and Tackle, Owners, Gammy, Clear Drift  just to name a few.

Chris Serpio of G Loomis was great ...his insight and demonstrations of the their product line was probably the most informative of all the sales rep.

I give Nikka's top marks for having the best deals along with Army and Navy.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

same old show pretty much.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Min

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 07:10:42 AM »

:-\

I would have liked to visit the show this year.  Didn't go last year.  Decided to pass on this one, just this morning.  Haven't seen much info about it on other forums either. 

Besides, I always spend money when I am there.

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »

It was kinda the same show as last year but I was impressed at some of the deals to be had.river side had all there loop rods and soft goods on for 50% off, Fred's has all S.A. lines 50%off and blaydRnr's correct
 Nikka had some amazing deals...  by the way did any one see Army & Navys $9.99 fly rods, they were selling like they were going out of style. I picked up a LOOP blue line 13'-2" 4pcs #9 spey rod and 2 fly lines from Fred's.

Any way good time and if any one decides to go today check out the virtual fish fighting booth.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:20:57 AM by Trophy Fisher »

wizard

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »

Went to the show Friday and Saturday (helps when you can get in for free) ;D.  Yeah, it was pretty much the same show as others have stated...noticed a few previous booths were not there, and Hubs downsizing their show space significantly stood out to me. Good to see other retailers stepping up to the plate and going hard at the show.  Riverside and Army and their usual deals.  Got my dad a sturgeon setup, and am happy with the deal I got on it.  I was looking forward to seeing "Yukon Dan" this year, but he wasn't there.  that guy's fun to watch pan for gold.

IMO the star of the show was Dave Mercer.  He did a seminar with Dave Murphy.  What a personality that guy's got.  I was really impressed with how approachable he is, and my bro even got a cool bass kit for helping him on stage.  Good to see the kids love him too.  Also, thanks for the fly Todd Oishi!! :)  I always enjoy watching Todd tie his flies, true professional.....wasn't completely satisfied with some of answers I got for my questions from FFSBC...

On a side note...was kinda dissapointed to see the AMSoil girls wearing so much clothes...maybe blowhards were complaining from years past? :'(lol

nineweight

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »

Went to the show Friday and Saturday (helps when you can get in for free) ;D.  Yeah, it was pretty much the same show as others have stated...noticed a few previous booths were not there, and Hubs downsizing their show space significantly stood out to me. Good to see other retailers stepping up to the plate and going hard at the show.  Riverside and Army and their usual deals.  Got my dad a sturgeon setup, and am happy with the deal I got on it.  I was looking forward to seeing "Yukon Dan" this year, but he wasn't there.  that guy's fun to watch pan for gold.

IMO the star of the show was Dave Mercer.  He did a seminar with Dave Murphy.  What a personality that guy's got.  I was really impressed with how approachable he is, and my bro even got a cool bass kit for helping him on stage.  Good to see the kids love him too.  Also, thanks for the fly Todd Oishi!! :)  I always enjoy watching Todd tie his flies, true professional.....wasn't completely satisfied with some of answers I got for my questions from FFSBC...

On a side note...was kinda dissapointed to see the AMSoil girls wearing so much clothes...maybe blowhards were complaining from years past? :'(lol

Hi Wizard!

My name is Mike Gass and I am the Outreach Coordinator for FFSBC.  Sorry to hear you didn’t get all of the answers you were looking for from our booth. We do our best to have staff from various divisions, different backgrounds, and experience levels working at our booth at all times, so that we can best answer any of the broad range of questions we get at our booth.  Unfortunately with over 26 hours of Showtime to cover, over a dozen different staff working at our booth over the weekend, the broad range of background experience of our staff, and the general chaos of the show, occasionally the best answers to some questions may fall through the cracks.

If you have any questions in particular you would like to ask FFSBC you can email me at Mike.gass@gofishbc.com and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or direct your question to the member of our staff who is best suited to answer your questions so that you can get the answers you are looking for.

Thank you,

Mike

wizard

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »

Hi Mike.  Thanks for explaining that.  I know it gets chaotic at those shows, I totally understand!  I will defenitely send you an email tomorrow. 
You guys do a tremendous job, often thankless work.  If it wasn't for you guys, the quality of fishing in our fresh waters would be SIGNIFICANTLY inhibited. I always enjoy chatting with any of your staff, but like I said, I ill send an email tomorrow when I have a little more time.  Thanks for the acknowledgement, I appreciate that!