Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1344397 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #3180 on: December 14, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »

The work is paying off lets see what Bob and SS say, very little when they and others thought they had the upper hand in this issue. Of course Dave will have some excuses or try and blame someone else.

Read my post, I'm not blaming anyone, I like the decision.  There is no excuse.
You need to understand these farms will be moved, not removed.

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #3181 on: December 14, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »

I heard a reliable and authoritative report that the farms are being moved to Bigger Saskatchewan! Not only salmon will be raised but also Kielbasa!!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3182 on: December 15, 2018, 08:43:29 AM »

I heard a reliable and authoritative report that the farms are being moved to Bigger Saskatchewan! Not only salmon will be raised but also Kielbasa!!
Ah, but how would farmed Kielbasa effect wild Saskatchewan sausage links? Expect a gofundme page soon so activists can fight this!

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3183 on: December 15, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »

The only place you could put a fish farm in saskatoon and be profitable would be in a potash mine...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3184 on: December 15, 2018, 02:20:13 PM »

Ah, but how would farmed Kielbasa effect wild Saskatchewan sausage links? Expect a gofundme page soon so activists can fight this!
Getting a bit sketchy now Dave as the coffin is now closing, no wonder most of the PAP gang has now gone from this page with Dave trying to hang in. ;) ;D

http://epaper.vancouversun.com/@terry_b/csb_8p85u7Ae7YLJEtS0cliU3Vu2c_mqd_FRCgDNC8KtJAAjZIYrBz3We0PT3RBdM31h

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3185 on: December 15, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »

Getting a bit sketchy now Dave as the coffin is now closing, no wonder most of the PAP gang has now gone from this page with Dave trying to hang in. ;) ;D

http://epaper.vancouversun.com/@terry_b/csb_8p85u7Ae7YLJEtS0cliU3Vu2c_mqd_FRCgDNC8KtJAAjZIYrBz3We0PT3RBdM31h

Chris I think your missing something....but thats okay if this is a victory for you, then perfect

HINT..look what the caption says under the picture

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #3186 on: December 15, 2018, 03:30:03 PM »

Its interesting to watch activists claim a victory here.  I think they are missing whats really going on here completely.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3187 on: December 15, 2018, 03:38:34 PM »

Its interesting to watch activists claim a victory here.  I think they are missing whats really going on here completely.

I have a theory on this.. My theory is the funding has dried up for the ENGO's and now they need to claim victory so they can move onto other things like SRKW that will drive donations.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3188 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:50 PM »

Absolutely, but you are seeing the far bigger picture ;) It's going to take a few more of these to really impact sports fishing, but it will.

Just sticking to this decision, it seems to me everyone wins.  Farms are removed from the territories of those who don't want them and, from wild salmon migratory routes, as specified by Cohen.  Farms will be relocated to suitable sites where other FN can be employed, and Horgan claims fish farming will likely expand due to this legislation, so Marine Harvest, Cermaq and all their employees are happy.

Chris, I really don't see how you think fish farming has lost, but as wmy says, good for you!

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3189 on: December 15, 2018, 06:47:53 PM »

https://www.seawestnews.com/a-new-era-for-salmon-farming-in-british-columbia/
  Not over yet Chris. You still have a job/hobby to do. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:46:49 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3190 on: December 20, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »

https://www.seawestnews.com/a-new-era-for-salmon-farming-in-british-columbia/
  Not over yet Chris. You still have a job/hobby to do. :)
Good to see you back and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3192 on: December 20, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »

https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Steering_Committee_Broughton_Recommendations.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3tsPvgFN76e4GlyvVdWNYlzKlNMq7ptOyyg1ByBV5CAxKZOHeQFiIHAEk
A merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous new year to you and your family Chris. Thank you for the link. It is nice to see the relocation plan instead of the total get out mind set for a change.  :)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3193 on: December 20, 2018, 11:50:18 AM »

I agree Bob, a new era has begun.  I never thought I would say this but John Horgan has impressed me with the way this was handled - kudos to him. 

Merry Christmas to you,Chris, aquapaloosa, wildmanyeah and all the others who participate in this thread.   We now know farms are not going anywhere, and will likely expand, but the siting criteria will be drastically different, with the well being of wild salmon and agreeable FN participation being paramount.   There will still be issues, but I believe everyone is better off today.

Who's betting Almo retires?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3194 on: December 20, 2018, 02:43:39 PM »

Merry Christmas all,

Hope farms are going no where other wise salmon may cost more then this...

Rare tyee salmon arrives in SA

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/thesourcesa/rare-tyee-salmon-bought-by-angelakis-brothers-snapped-up-by-andre-orsini-for-orso-his-european-restaurant-in-kensington/news-story/130e8cae4f189603fe784ef4af730aca

IF you like your salmon rare, this may be the fish of your dreams.

Angelakis Brothers has bought a tyee salmon, one of the rarest fish in the world, from New Zealand. The fish weigh more than 13kg, and are coveted by high-end restaurants around the globe.

“The fish is very rare, one of just 40 in the world, and three were sent to Australia,” says Alex Knoll, from Angelakis Brothers. “Their longer life cycle means the flavour and oil profile…is more developed.

“Nobu Restaurant (Melbourne) has one and we are getting the other.Andre Ursini bought the tyee salmon for his new European restaurant, Orso, in Kensington.

“We would normally sell this type of salmon for $80/kg as a whole fish, or $150/kg as fillets,” Alex says.