Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going To Ottawa, Standing Committee On Fisheries  (Read 7664 times)

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
Re: Going To Ottawa, Standing Committee On Fisheries
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 06:35:12 PM »

It will be interesting to see DFO's slant on this.
Also if they are asked the tough questions.

After reading this makes you wonder if MOE is doing us much good.
I note that they fire people who actually care about the fish.

Remember this next time you feel they are doing a great job.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »

Tuesday's Blues with DFO response to the gravel issue are now out They have been sent to Rodney for posting for those interested in a lot more reading.

buck

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »

Chris, thanks for the update.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 12:33:29 AM »

Paul Sprout – DFO Responds to Fraser Enforcement and Gravel Extraction Issues (Adobe PDF file)

Unedited copy from the Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans, on Tuesday June 6th, 2006.

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

DFO says, whoops we made a mistake ( again ) and we are looking at how this could have happened. ::)

However in the future we will make more mistakes like this, so remember this report then we do not have to go back to Ottawa and explain the future ones. :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 04:44:18 PM »

DFO says, whoops we made a mistake ( again ) and we are looking at how this could have happened. ::)

However in the future we will make more mistakes like this, so remember this report then we do not have to go back to Ottawa and explain the future ones. :o
Yes it gets very frustrating but I think if nothing else FOC and other agencies will be paying a lot more attention in the future to what they are during gravel extractions.

Our fellows did a great job and what more can we ask of these two volunteers and many others who are doing their best to preserve our fish stocks for all and fishing opportunities for the recreational anglers in the years ahead.

As well the Kapp decision did not go well today in the Vancouver Court House so it will be on to the Supreme Court of Canada next, ::) When will we have a level playing field in our fish management?

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »

Chris, it will be interesting IF they go to the Supreme Court.

That costs real dollars and I am not sure they have them.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:36 PM »

Some of our crew is meeting with FOC officials in Vancouver tomorrow. FOC want our info to put in their report they are preparing but I am leary they may just use it to twist things around but maybe I am just being too paranoid. They still just do not seem to  understand what caused the dewatering and the death of millions of alevins. It is so simple in my mind, you put a dam such as this causeway was, across a body of water and the water will drop behind it.

The bottom line and their reason for this meeting is they are itching to get their hands on the 50 page report prepared by BCIT and the FVSS.

I feel a bit guilty and selfish I am not going as I was invited but I had a fishing trip planned. The good part is we will be once again well represented by 4 others that will know how to handle things. I would most likely loose my cool and embarrass the others anyway.