Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stoney lake  (Read 11833 times)

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
Re: stoney lake
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 12:15:40 AM »

stilll not sure where i will take my buddies fishing. stoney ended up being way too costly. i don't want to travel very far (5-6 hrs max) but there are a few of us and we need a place where we can camp or rent cabins. previous tournaments have been held at badger lake (lots of fish caught but not larger than 3 lbs), tunkwa lake (can be moody), fawn lake (great place but the cabins are booked the weekend we are going).

if any of you out there have any suggestions on a good place to go fishing with a large group of guys let me know.

currently thinking about knouff lake resort, watch lake, harmon lake, plateau lake.

intereted if anyone has fished gordon lake by merritt or if there is a larger camping spot on gwen lake by merritt, if there are any cabins to rent on peterhope lake, and if there is a resort on harmon lake.
thanks.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: stoney lake
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 03:21:06 PM »

That realy narrows the field. There is an old saying when the road goes in the fishing starts going down hill, it gets worse when the camp grounds go in, and you packup when the when the cabins go up. At the other end of the scale has to do with pavement. I have had some of my best fishing when I drove there on pavement. 
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"