Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question  (Read 5200 times)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Question
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:33:43 PM »

My freinds at the Trout Park have asked me to teach some classes at their facility. This would consist of three Sat. setions, 10 hours in the classroom a and 2 hours each setion on the water. The class would include everything I teach in my evening classes along with fly casting, with a bonus of six hours of coached fishing time instead of my standard three hours. I was thinking of trying this class in the winter slows of Feb. (trout on dry fly in Feb it rarely happens anywhere else). How many of you out there would be interested?

Item 2: My freinds at the Trout Park have also toyed with the idea of hosting an anual late summer fly fishing championship/derby. I suggested calling it the Sun Valley Showdown. The question is, is there enough interest out there to run this thing? Please respond.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:20:14 PM »

Personally, I would find it hard to commit to 3 Saturdays.  I don't know about others, but that's my take on it.

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

i like the showdown derby were is it located.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:10:43 PM »

If we can round up enough interest the Sun Valley Show Down will be in late Sept. at the Sun Valley Trout Park in Mission BC.

Re your post Dragon I could try to shorten to one nine hour day, which would mean running it in the summer (more daylight) to include the practicum on the water. The down side of craming the cource would be the corners I would have to cut (Knots instruction & practice, along with demonstartions of minor rod repare and reel & line maint.)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 11:24:37 PM »

Re your post Dragon I could try to shorten to one nine hour day, which would mean running it in the summer (more daylight) to include the practicum on the water. The down side of craming the cource would be the corners I would have to cut (Knots instruction & practice, along with demonstartions of minor rod repare and reel & line maint.)

I certainly understand that it can be quite a list of things that need to be covered.  Perhaps it can be modularized so that people can attend one part, without having to attend all of it(?)   My $0.02

B.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 12:52:58 PM »

More brainstorming & planning. This is not fun anymore! I think I'll go fishing and let somebody else do it.