Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 469988 times)

fic

• Old Timer

It's looking like a real wet weekend.  River might be blown by Saturday evening.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

Ya,  the fish move in waves.
How long the bite stays in often depends on how many fish are in the moving school.
Sitting/fence posting at some spots can change from boring to frenzy and back to boring quite quickly.
Timing is everything.
I've given up on a spot after a while and  often found out I should have stayed a little longer.
On the other hand I've also moved (more than a few feet) and  intercepted, and had amazing days.

Having said that, there are some spots that will stack up fish and they turn off after dodgeing schrapnel for a while.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:43:59 AM by Fish or cut bait. »

brandooner

Picked up my first Coho of the season yesterday. Couldnt have asked for a nicer fish!
The Fishin' Musician!

Aurora

Picked up my first Coho of the season yesterday. Couldnt have asked for a nicer fish!
:)

Rieber

• Old Timer

Honestly, that's the nicest Coho I've seen out of the Vedder in years. Mint.

bluenoser

That coho is as bright as your hat ...ok not quite

Beauty fish

Outdoorsman

Looks like a fly on the beer hat.....catch the Ho on the fly?

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

nice one brandooner.......still waiting for my first one of the year.

Floater

• Old Timer

Safe to say we will all get our chance once this storm passes.
[

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Safe to say we will all get our chance once this storm passes.

Oh yeah after this weekend the fish will be spread out and the Hos will be running. Whole bunch of Chum through the test nets yesterday too...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River conditions remained unchanged at dusk despite of the rain. How it is in the morning will depend on how hard it rains overnight. Lots of chum salmon showed up since yesterday.

brandooner

Thanks guys! Nah, gott'r on the pin rod, would have been a real treat on the fly though! Still buzzin of that fish!
The Fishin' Musician!

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Thanks guys! Nah, gott'r on the pin rod, would have been a real treat on the fly though! Still buzzin of that fish!
Next time turn slightly to the left so we can see your fish tattoo also ;D
It ain't the roe bro'

Old Blue

I fished the mid for from 8-10 and got tired of seeing nice coho roll and not touch my roe or blades so I hit the upper to play with some springs.
Landed 4 over a few hours and lost or broke off a few but it was still kind of slow until I noticed the water rise 2-3 inches and the pool I was fishing slightly changed and it turned on.  I landed 2 jack springs just over the 62 cm limit that were in great shape and released them and one slightly coloured 20lb male before landing a mid 20's female that's brining in demerra right now and her eggs are curing too.
I hit the canal for a bit but was bagged so headed for home right when the evening bite was turning on.

Tomorrow and Friday should be really good!!

vancook

• Old Timer

Quote from: Old Blue link=topic=38449.msg364546#msg364546 date
Landed 4 over a few hours and lost or broke off a few but it was still kind of slow until I noticed the water rise 2-3 inches and the pool I was fishing slightly changed and it turned on.  I landed 2 jack springs just over the 62 cm limit that were in great shape and released them and one slightly coloured 20lb male before landing a mid 20's female that's brining in demerra right now and her eggs are curing too.

Sounds like a good day for you. Just to clarify your two "jack springs" were in fact considered adult chinook once they're over 62cms.