Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Lake Dock  (Read 5721 times)

Zpg

Alouette Lake Dock
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »

Went by the lake today to take a look at conditions and noticed that the dock is not in. In addition, the dock pilings are also removed. I heard they were rotting and were to be replaced this year. Has anyone heard when the park is scheduled to replace the pilings and put in the dock?? I am not too keen on putting my boat in and hoping it doesn't bang against the rocks while I park the truck :-\
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Alouette Lake Dock
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »

Went by the lake today to take a look at conditions and noticed that the dock is not in. In addition, the dock pilings are also removed. I heard they were rotting and were to be replaced this year. Has anyone heard when the park is scheduled to replace the pilings and put in the dock?? I am not too keen on putting my boat in and hoping it doesn't bang against the rocks while I park the truck :-\

Their were a bunch of us out last weekend. I wouldnt worry about it. I believe you have a glass boat right? Just bring a piece of indoor/outdoor if your worried and beach it up on that.

On another note sure wish I had more time buddy I am leaving in 3 weeks and wont have time for one more trip :(

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Zpg

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:04:09 PM »

On another note sure wish I had more time buddy I am leaving in 3 weeks and wont have time for one more trip :(

Wish you were staying so we could fish a few more times....felt that I just got to know you! I hope the move and transition go smoothly and I do go to the Island for business a few times a year so perhaps there is hope yet.....!!

All the best to you, this missus and the weasels!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Randofish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »

Not sure about the pilings,but the docks are usually in before the long weekend.
Going up in the morning,fishings been good this week.
Rando
The Fishin Musician

Randofish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »

Was up there last night and they had some large cement blocks dropped into the water with buoys off them.
I'm thinking they are going to tie the docks up to those by the looks of it.
No pilings around and the docks should be in by the end of the week.
Also the fishing was ok for the few hours we went out.
Rando
The Fishin Musician

bateman

• paintings of fish and nature
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »

the fishing regulations dont specify what fish are in the alouette lake. does anyone have any idea of what type of fish to target there. thanks
paintings of fish and nature:
http://www.folkart-levin.com

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »

Rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, kokanee.

http://www.gofishbc.com/guides.htm

Click on "Lower Mainland Lake Guide".

bateman

• paintings of fish and nature
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »

thanks rodney.
paintings of fish and nature:
http://www.folkart-levin.com

Zpg

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »

Went to the lake today. The docks are being put in this afternoon. Fished for Kokanee with limited success (3).

steelhead nick

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

i never fished alouette lake before but i heard it gets pretty windy. do u need a motor boat to fish that lake?

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

It can get ugly up there Nick but having said that i have also seen it calm as glass.
I would suggest not going to far from the launch if using oar power.