Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Light  (Read 3304 times)

Zpg

First Light
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:38 AM »

A bucket of Ooligans and a horseshoe up my butt......Hey!!! luck is all that makes it there....Report to follow.  Only 6'+ make the photo show from now on.....hope to post a pic.......
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: First Light
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »

sounds great, but hopefully the 6 footers stay in the water for the photo-ops, unless  you are taging them, it will help reduce the stress.

J.G.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »

sounds great, but hopefully the 6 footers stay in the water for the photo-ops, unless  you are taging them, it will help reduce the stress.

I have tagged sturgeon for many years. A quick photo op. does the fish no harm. I do agree that the less stress for the fish the better. But they are very tough fish.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:05:18 AM »

I agree with JG, no harm in a photo with a big boy. Anything over 7 feet is getting me to shore for a pic. These fish can take allot and bringing one to shore for a quick photo is not doing much to these fish.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:17:53 AM »

nothing wrong with getting a pic of the big ones, but personally I would not want to be lifting anything over six feet into the boat unless it was in a sling, not only for the safety of the fish, but the safety of myself aswell, those big buggers get pretty damn heavy!

Zpg

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »

Yeah no way I would try to haul a 6'+ into my small boat....it's only 5 1/2' wide, besides the river is jsut too damn cold to fall into!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright