Fishing in British Columbia > The Fish Kitchen

how would you cook a spring?

<< < (2/2)

MERC:
I've always advocated simpler is better with really fresh fish.  Grilling with a little salt and pepper cooked slightly rare.  Add a sauce of your choice and BAM! you have an incredibly simple and yet sophisticated meal.  Make a white sauce, add a little dijon mustard and some chives.  Or if you like lemon flavored, get some really good homemade chicken stock, reduce by half, add some fresh lemon zest and some lemon juice, salt, pepper and swirl in some cold butter at the end.
I like baking in a tinfoil bag.  Get a piece of tinfoil, fold in half and seal 2 outside edges so you end up with a pouch.  Add your salmon, fresh herbs, little white wine, some cold butter salt and pepper.  Seal the last seam and bake in shallow pan.  You end up with a really moist delicately flavored piece of fish.  Then add sauce if you want.

Yopesco:
Get ~1 cm thick filets and marinate them for 1-2 hours in some lime juice, salt and garlic. I do bread them before frying them, but I guess that's optional. I totally agree with MERC, if the fish is fresh, the simpler, the better, I also like it a little bit rare.

Yopesco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version