Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014/15 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 52693 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Despite of last night's rain, river condition remained very good today.

Britguy

• Old Timer

I was out chucking flies today but no luck for me
river is down a bit and great visability
Heard of two fish taken in one area but was told a lot more were hooked there yesterday :-\

If you want to catch a steelhead get out there and get your gear in the water ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:09:23 PM by Britguy »

mack

Was out there today by Browne, pretty good weather even with the light rain. River is still clear and low in many spots.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

I wouldn't call it low. Quite a few runs have changed and filled in.

silver ghost

• Old Timer

I wouldn't call it low. Quite a few runs have changed and filled in.

x2. Certain places that were deep 2 weeks ago I could practically jump over today. It's surprising seeing how much the river can change in a short period of time.

No fish for me, saw one taken at the first run I visited first thing this am. Shouldn't have hit the snooze button I guess...

DRP79

Some bigger changes on the river this year than I have noticed in the last couple years. In particular, the area just above the crossing. It looked relatively similar from driving by but I checked it out last week and was blown away how much it changed.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

That area is completely different. Same with the gun range on down to Browne. So many side channels. Harder for the fish to move up but if the tail out looks like a fish could move up its easy to find them. Saying that I've struck out the last few trips after work. Some of those runs will wash away after all the rain were supposed to get then we get to learn it all over again.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity was reasonably good at dawn but has became siltier in the last couple of hours. It most likely will not be fishable by the end of today.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Went out this morning but got discouraged in short order because of the heay rain, silting up conditions and rising river so headed for a nice warm cup of coffee. A few days of rest will now be in order. Tough for the weekenders once again.

Bcdrock

Joey

Yup!...spiked way up again,never fails,always happened on the weekend,Big loser for the week end warrior  :'(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River level has dropped quite a bit but clarity is still not good for fishing, best to look for an alternative for the rest of this long weekend.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Raining again, saw a picture of the river from this afternoon, did not look good.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Don't be so skeptical. The current condition is fairly similar to Fraser River's condition in August, so I'm sure there is  always an optional technique to intercept these fish successfully. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Don't be so skeptical. The current condition is fairly similar to Fraser River's condition in August, so I'm sure there is  always an optional technique to intercept these fish successfully. ;D
You may have to go to the dark side to catch one? ;D ;D ;D