Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nike Shox  (Read 2476 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Nike Shox
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:17:44 PM »

Any one used them. I originally bought a pair in january unfortunalty they broke after about 10 uses  :'(

However, I took them back to sportcheck and they gave me store credit at their current price, which just so happened to be $60 more than I had originally purchased mine for. End result new and better pair of shoes.

Even though my first pair broke, I have nothing but good things to say about them. They're light, breath well and pretty much the most comfy shoes I have ever owend.

Anyone else had any expereice with them?
Actions speak louder than words.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Nike Shox
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:49:41 PM »

Nike shox are great for running, and basic everyday wearing.... they are however not much good for playing basketball, or weighttraining.. or any type of activity that requires ankle support and stabilization... I had a pair that had the shox all the way around and they were terrible for leg workout day!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »

I think it depends on what model you get, I've only ever tried on the runners but I assume that the corss trainers and basketball shoes provide better support.
Actions speak louder than words.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 04:15:53 PM »

I have had both and even the Basketball ones are kinda sketchy when you come down with all your weight on them.... it could just be because I am pretty heavy ....I still think there are better choices for better prices.. the Shox look cool though

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:43:14 PM »

Yeah, I owned a pair of them of them once, very nice shoes. Just like you said, they were light and breathable. I found these shows to keep your heel up high and giving you a forward leading stance. This seemed to give me a quicker zip, and a good shoe to sprint in. But last year I bought myself a pair of New Balance shoes, very nice shoes, there was a big selection of them and the shoes came in different lengths as well as widths, very cool. My New Balance are very conforting and with the narrow width I picked make them form to my feet.
The Bigger The Better!