Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wader repairs - where to go?  (Read 2000 times)

ajransom

Wader repairs - where to go?
« on: April 23, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »

I have a pair of Orvis Endura waders that are about 5 years old. I have a small leak in the neoprene stocking-foot that I have tried to fix, unsuccessfully.

Don't really want to drop a few hundred on some new waders, so can anyone recommend somewhere to get them repaired? I can send them back to Orvis for $40 repair, but with shipping both ways it's not worth it.

Cheers.

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Wader repairs - where to go?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »

Why weren't you able to fix the leak? Is it on the seam? The catch to repairing a seam leak is to Aquaseal the leak both inside and out.

I have repaired neoprene stocking feet on my waders from different manufacturers, and they never leaked again - at least not in the same spot. Aquaseal UV compound fixes them nicely, but you have to do it properly. The wader has to be completely clean and dry before you attempt the repair.

This video on Youtube gives you a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvZlLt9Eqg

ajransom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:32:27 AM »

Why weren't you able to fix the leak? Is it on the seam? The catch to repairing a seam leak is to Aquaseal the leak both inside and out.

I have repaired neoprene stocking feet on my waders from different manufacturers, and they never leaked again - at least not in the same spot. Aquaseal UV compound fixes them nicely, but you have to do it properly. The wader has to be completely clean and dry before you attempt the repair.

This video on Youtube gives you a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvZlLt9Eqg

Thanks Milo!

Maybe my prob is only doing the repair on the outside (thinking the water pressure would be on my side...), so ill try again before I jump the gun.

ajransom

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »

And yes - its on the seam of the neoprene, right behind the achillies tendon.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:45 AM »

If you have room in your boot, wear a wool sock over your waders. Really helps with wear in the Heel area. Especially if your boots don't fit your foot properly.