Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chum fishing in the Fraser (non-tidal)  (Read 3630 times)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
Chum fishing in the Fraser (non-tidal)
« on: October 15, 2004, 09:17:45 PM »

What's it like fishing for Chums in the non-tidal portion of the Fraser? would I need a boat, or can i just cast from shore? I guess it wouldn't be as crowded as Sockeye season, and I hear there are good numbers of Chums in Fraser right now.
reason i asked this is that i'm getting sick of the gong shows at vedder. Any help is appreciated.

ocean_going

• fish on
Re: Chum fishing in the Fraser (non-tidal)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 09:24:18 PM »

hmmm   i am in the tidal waters,   but   love to  know the same answer

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 10:57:33 AM »

if you are a true fisherman wait till the fuss is all over  and fight those hard chums in the ocean       good time  fishing sport  they are fighters

fishinfever

• fishing is REELality
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 04:30:54 PM »

This subject is awfull quiet must be some secret hot spots that everybody is sworn to keep quiet.  I'm thinking of tring some of the bars used in sockeye season .  I hooked several springs at laidlaw and Pegleg. Coho must be going by there .  maybe spoons would be the trick.  just my 2 cents
 Mike

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 07:54:18 PM »

i don't know if anyone does but i imagine you could bottom bounce chums at pegleg easy enough

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 08:26:25 PM »

There are no secret bars on the Fraser covered with people fishing for chum or coho, most people are fishing the tribs as it is easyer without a boat and fish are way more condenced. There are some bar fishers and spinner guys targeting salmon (coho mostly)on the Fraser now from shore but its not always productive and it helps to really know your spots, tides,weather ect.There are alot of tribs to check out other than the Ved, many many infact, where spoon \ float fishing would work well Im sure.Worked for me today anyways.Anyone willing to leave the bouncing bettys at home feel free to contact me with questions you may have on this topic.