Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: first build  (Read 5805 times)

mojoman

• Old Timer
first build
« on: December 29, 2005, 07:26:27 AM »

I'm finally done my prototype stillwater rod...is a Pac Bay International Series II with Titanium guides.....10 ft 3 pc 5 wt.....casts pretty good....is wayyy slow...so should protect my leaders better than my HMX 6wt....anywhoo...is pics here if yer interested....and yes...I realize the rod is not perfect...but it will certainly do what it is intended to do...and it is my first build....;))

http://photobucket.com/albums/a65/mojoganjaman/

mojo

Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
Re: first build
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:12:25 AM »

Will have to get going on rod building, looks like fun.

You have mail re Monday
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:38:08 AM »

Sweet rod. just wondering how long it takes you to make something like that. Great job

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:00:22 AM »

ty Kellya.....took me about 8 hrs total....but 3 weeks.....lol...is a lazy kinda job at this time of year...is no hurry...;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

sliverbullet

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »

nice rod nice rod how do you build smething like that anyway :-\

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 05:55:29 AM »

nice rod nice rod how do you build smething like that anyway :-\

some good info and links to rod building here....;))

http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=24918

mojo

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 03:48:32 PM »

thankx Bill....mind you the jig is not of my design....but rather blatently scammed from the net.... ;D ;D ;D

mojo