Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rolley lake flies  (Read 9159 times)

drivel

Re: Rolley lake flies
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 11:27:55 AM »

I have always had success on a deer hair gomphus dragon nymph fished on a type 3 full sink line. fished slow with occasional erratic strips.

s

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:54 PM »

Yup. Can't catch anything without an orange silver lined bead.

For the pumpkinhead fly the orange silver lined bead is key. Probable why they call it a "pumpkinhead"

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 04:14:18 PM »

For the pumpkinhead fly the orange silver lined bead is key. Probable why they call it a "pumpkinhead"
So you are saying that orange silver lined beads are critical to produce a pumpinhead, or that a pumpkinhead will outfish any other wooly bugger in Rolley lake?
Clearly I am saying that wandering around town to find the exact bead to produce the exact fly is a waste of time.
The pumpkinhead has certainly been well marketed, though.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 11:46:06 PM »

We are talking about the same Fraser Valley 12 inch hatchery fish are we not? These fish are stupid. Just tie on any green flashy micro leech and you will catch fish. One thing I have learned over the years is dont over think fishing. Just go out, experiment and have fun :)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

silverslab

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

I will second that the fish in Rolley and Mike lake must have been fed green food at the hatchery because they will eat anything green doesn't matter really what shade just not fluorescent. try wooly buggers, leeches, and micro leeches