Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going To The Leaf Game  (Read 11921 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Going To The Leaf Game
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Things seem to be shaping up rather well for tuesdays game!! ;D ;D ;D
Yes they are as we only lost by one goal tonight to the Flames that are a far superior squad than the Canucks.

I have predicted a 3 goal advantage on Tuesday. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »

I can not believe we did not roll tonight but losing by a 1-0 score is not bad as we have so many injuries to deal with.

Too bad they didn't have Justin Pogge in the nets.
Pogge is our netminder for the future, what a team we will have. ;D ;D I can see many Stanley Cups coming this year and many more in the future with Justin while the Canucks still try to solve their goaltending problems. ::)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »

The beer is affecting your thinking Chris. Better quit ! Just because a player played well in the Junior Tournament is no guarantee that he will play well in the NHL. There was a player who played for Canada  a few years back and did fairly well. That player is now being run out of town by a few of the fans. Perhaps you might have heard of him ? Dan Cloutier is the player.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 10:28:24 PM »

The beer is affecting your thinking Chris. Better quit ! Just because a player played well in the Junior Tournament is no guarantee that he will play well in the NHL. There was a player who played for Canada  a few years back and did fairly well. That player is now being run out of town by a few of the fans. Perhaps you might have heard of him ? Dan Cloutier is the player.
Sorry to inform you that Pogge in all respect to the goaltender you mentioned will be playing with Canada's Number 1 hockey team and will not suffer the same fate.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 10:30:07 PM »

You have been dipping into the sauce haven't you!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 10:51:21 PM »

BS go easy on Chris. You'll be hitting the sauce if you're cheering for a team that hasn't won since 1967 ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 11:05:04 PM »

You have been dipping into the sauce haven't you!! ;D ;D ;D
No just waiting for the last steelhead I caught to finish in the Little Chief, it will certainly taste a lot nicer than any sauce you may wish to indulge in. ;D ;D ;D

fishfinder

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 03:06:10 PM »

Sorry to tell you Chris that a team with a North American captain has won the Stanley Cup every year since 1938. The captains were all Canadian-born except for Darian Hatcher of the Dallas Stars who was US-born. That speaks volumes for Canadian hockey players but I guess this bit of info doesn't bode well for the Leafs, Canucks, Senators or the Canadiens who have three Swedes and a Finn as C. :(
Maybe The Leafs can name Tie Domi their captain. ;D