Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant stand Tiger  (Read 6722 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: Cant stand Tiger
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »

I haven't seen any fitness results since the ones I mentioned, but soccer players were the most fit.  They run roughly 9 + miles/ game mostly at a sprint, stop and go.  Also, all that dramatic screaming, crying and acting really takes it out of you.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »

I haven't seen any fitness results since the ones I mentioned, but soccer players were the most fit.  They run roughly 9 + miles/ game mostly at a sprint, stop and go.  Also, all that dramatic screaming, crying and acting really takes it out of you.

Look again and you will see triathlon athletes are in better shape.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »

I would like to add speed skaters as well. The top athletes train 4-6 hours a day. Training schedules are usually 9 days on 1 day rest. If the month has 31 days then you get the 30th and 31st off. And believe me the training was demanding you trained hard for 11 months and the other month you still trained but just to maintain.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »

No real disagreement here.  I think we're splitting hairs a little.  When I was playing competitive soccer, we would play 7 days a week, often bicycling, swimming, skating and doing military style training including weights to mix things up.  I'm sure this is no different than tri's and skaters.  I have a tough time imagining that the majority of top level golfers do this though.  Most of them could hold their beer better than me however. ;D ;D ;D  That's probably why I'm not allowed to drive the golf cart. 

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 08:13:56 PM »

Since Tiger is #1 and skipped the first round of the fedex cup play-offs ,will the officials bend the rules and let him play in the second round ? ??? ??? ??? Without Tiger the tv ratings drop way down.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »

Money talks.  The privileged one will most likely be let in.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 07:16:10 PM »

If he got a bye then he in...if not he's not playing, you can't come into a tournament after it's started..

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »

Anyone catch Woods whining about somone talking during his backswing on the 6th?  Personally, I think they should encourage cheering at all phases of the game in golf.  They do with every other sport, why not golf? 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »

Was watching some of the Walker cup today.  Can you say porker-fest.  those guys are beyond fat.  I think some of those guys are stacked more than Pamela Anderson.   :o :o