Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nuck's vs Stars..... part 4  (Read 6073 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Nuck's vs Stars..... part 4
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:02:01 AM »

Only 10 more hours  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  this is a huge game for them tonight, they take this one and the series win is one game away... they lose and it is all tied up .. can you say    PIVOTAL     :o
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Nuck's vs Stars..... part 4
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

I think the nucks have been out played in everygame but they find a way to hold of the stars (LUONGO!!!). They need to generate more chances by getting alot of pucks on net. They need a stellar first period to put the stars on their heels.

prediction: Stars 3-1

Lumps

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »

It's a boring series to watch compared to all the other ones going on right now, even the Devils and Lightning series is more exciting.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »

U KNOW WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THOSE STUPID WHITE FLAGS THAT PEOPLE HAVE ATTACHED ON TO THEIR CARS ! SO ANNOYING ! ESPECIALLY WHEN 80% OF THE PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN NAME 5 PLAYERS FROM TEAM  LUONGO ! CHUMPS !

Lumps

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »

The thing that drives me nuts is when the Nucks are on the power play, they don't seem to use the point much.  Usually it's one of the wingers trying to setup something in front of the net and when they do happen to pass it to the point, the point guys are barely in position for a point shot or stress release.  They have to move the puck quicker and make sure everyone gets touches so that everyones on the same page.  It's gotta be one of the reasons why we lose our power play advantage so quick, wrong positioning and guys that try to do everything themselves.  Also....it's clear that Smoli isn't working efficiently with the twins so why not put Linden back with them on the PP.  I know that Coach V. did that later in the last game but I hope he keeps Linden on there in tonights game.  That's the only issue I have with the coach's line changing.

Lumps,

Defensive teams never have exciting games, the first game had lots of goals because of nerves and getting their teams adjusted to play-off modes.  If you play SportsAction, it would be safe to go with a tie in every game of this series because of how both teams play.

I hear ya. I'm just sayin its not as exciting as some of the other match ups. All the match ups in the Western Div are tight besides Detroit and that AHL team. Its just good old playoff hockey, no matter what kind of rule changes you put in to make the game more wide open, playoff's always seem to be the same. Very close hard fought games, its great.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »

I GUESS IT'S GOOD 4 THE ECONOMY !

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »

U KNOW WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THOSE STUPID WHITE FLAGS THAT PEOPLE HAVE ATTACHED ON TO THEIR CARS ! SO ANNOYING ! ESPECIALLY WHEN 80% OF THE PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN NAME 5 PLAYERS FROM TEAM  LUONGO ! CHUMPS !

U PREFER THE BLUE ONES ?

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »

YES, THEY MATCH MY EYES !

weizen

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »

It's a bit annoying for me too.   My commuting buddy and I have been looking for Dallas flags.....considering pimping out the commuter as a dallas mobile, and taking a video camera along with us on our commutes...just to have some fun.   Would definetly get some interesting reactions, that's for sure.   (Assuming we survive...LOL)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

If its annoying for you guys than you dont have enough things going on in your life LOL

I think its great. Its good to see how the city pulls together and supports their home team. Even the transit buses have GO CANUCKS GO on them, businesses also have signs up about the Canucks. Its great for the city and the province.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 01:06:27 PM »

I GOT FLASHED BY 2 GIRLS THE OTHER WEEK CUZ OF MY BEAUTIFUL BUMPER STICKERS, THEY HAD ALBERTA PLATES, AND ONE WAS WEARING A FLAMES JERSEY !  ;)

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »

I think its great. Its good to see how the city pulls together and supports their home team. Even the transit buses have GO CANUCKS GO on them, businesses also have signs up about the Canucks

^ LOL, LIKE I SAID B4 80% OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN CAN'T EVEN NAME 5 PLAYERS OFF THE TEAM ! JOIN THE BAND WAGON GUYS !  ::) DURING THE REGULAR SEASON NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT TEAM LUONGO !

PistolPete

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »

Those girls must be from COWTOWN eh, which ever teams PP comes alive first will most likely win the series right now  Vancouver's looks the worst of the 2 . I guess we will site down and buckle up and hold on and see where BobbyLou takes us..

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 01:33:04 PM »

I think its great. Its good to see how the city pulls together and supports their home team. Even the transit buses have GO CANUCKS GO on them, businesses also have signs up about the Canucks

^ LOL, LIKE I SAID B4 80% OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN CAN'T EVEN NAME 5 PLAYERS OFF THE TEAM ! JOIN THE BAND WAGON GUYS !  ::) DURING THE REGULAR SEASON NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT TEAM LUONGO !

You dont think the same thing goes on in Calgary or any other city? How many Americans can name 5 players on their team? Yet they are selling out their games where they were lucky to get 10,000 during the regular season. Why does it matter if they didnt care so much during the season? Just because allot of us do doesnt mean everyone else shares the same passion.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »

Like BB said this game is the pivotal game....no bigger game than the fourth game...going up 3-1 vs 2-2.  The keys to victory tonight have got to be:

1.  Get off to a much quicker start.  ie.  Score the first goal.

2.  Don't take stupid penalties , or any penalty that takes you off the powerplay..... unless it's 
    going to be a clearcut breakaway

3.  Protect Luongo.

AND SCORE MORE GOALS THAN THE OTHER TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!