Fishing in British Columbia > Fly Fishing Cafe

SILK flylines

(1/2) > >>

otto:
ok now opening a can of worms......but does any shop in vancouver sell silk flylines???  ??? ???

otto:
and yes i am a LUDITTE sometimes. i just like the old stuff better when it comes to fishing. i like hanging up my silk fly lines to dry every time i go fishing and i dont mind rewaxing them every few hours or so......i also like handmade bamboo rods (how the heck am i going to afford one tho?) i use an old wicker creel to keep my fish cool, and an old leather fly wallet from 1902 (used to be my gramps, then my dad had it (he kept pens and pencils in it)..... now that i have said that i am a luditte sometimes, i also embrace technology: i currently have a overclocked AMD ATHLON 2500XP processor, running at 2200MHZ

dead head:
go to jaymers :o :o

otto:
Hi Deadhead.....where is Jaymers?? (thanks in advance) 8)

newsman:
I don't know of anybody here who stocks them. From what I read in a story in Fly Fisherman Mag. a few years ago, there are only two silk line manufacturers in the world today; both in Europe. I'm sure most fly shops could help you out. Insist on silk though because they will most likely try to sell you something else, and if they tell you no one makes them anymore; leave. From what I have read they are pricey but worth every penny, and cast like a dream. Silk lines are thiner than poly or vinal line and therefore have less wind resistance. The author wrote that they were as slick as silk when powered through a modern graffite rod. I'm tempted to try one myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version