Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 298485 times)

VirtualFisher

I fished lower, mid, and upper river for 4 hours today without any success  :(. I saw a guy hit a huge wild near the hatchery. 

River condition was unbelievably beautiful. I was virtually all by myself at the usually popular spots. 

Drewhill

Saturday had slightly less guys but was still very busy in the upper. Also didn't see any fish hit.

M.Baiter

What you think would happen when u started your own site  lostsockeye. Posting pics and reports brings people out DUH!

Tenz85

What you think would happen when u started your own site  lostsockeye. Posting pics and reports brings people out DUH!
got a link again? I havnt seen that since it was first spammed on fwr.. I could use a good laugh.

SilverChaser

Out today with no luck. First time out in 3 weeks. Saw a guy landed a beautifully coloured wild buck around 6lbs on the fly. Talked to lots of guys and everyone has seemed to have luck this week which is good!
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

how is the visibility in lower river after the rain?

hue-nut

• Old Timer

she coloured.

Drewhill

Lower had good vis when I left at almost last light. Should be even better vis tomorrow.

bobby b

About 12-18 vis lower after the rain today.

Upper was good even after the rain.... prb 3-4 ft or so

Caught (landed) my very first Steelhead today!!!. 10lb wild doe.

Was fun  :)

NothingToSnagAbout

How she lookin' for the weekend? Any fish left?

joshhowat

Up, up and away. Looks like fresh it is almost here. 2.1 and climbing.

Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Every Day

• Old Timer

High now.

Upper above Allison was probably something like 6-7 feet of visibility and a slight green colour.
Below Allison was around 3-4 feet and a clay/green.
Didn't check crossing area, probably slightly cleaner than right below Allison from stuff settling out.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Kitty made me go back out with her at 5 pm. River visibility had degraded significantly, and was still on the rise.

Visibility was at around 3 feet and a chalky green from prison run up to the slab, and was continuing to degrade at last light.

The river graph is on a vertical rise again. Judging by slope it'll probably hit above 1.6 (above slesse) by morning. Another hot day tomorrow, and from what I've seen in the past, snow melt goes up exponentially once it's started. It may be a while before it clears now.

On the bright side, we still saw fish caught and caught a couple in the split pea soup, so it may be worth a try any way.

Good luck!

NothingToSnagAbout

ED, what do you recommend drifting in coloured water this time of year, bright blades? Are the bubblegum worms still any good or shrink down to single beads?

bobby b

Saw 2 wilds get caught on Fri..... water was green but not too cloudy. Both caught on white worms. I caught one too but was on a blade.