Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 298492 times)

Shinny

Nice medium flow. Good visibility from top to bottom. Bottom has a bit of color. Good conditions. Was very surprised by the amount of anglers out on a Monday in the middle of March. Usually the crowds diminish by now. Was low balled on a lower run this morning.I was following a nice older gentleman down the run, when this guy on the Yarrow side starting hollering at his buddy who was walking up the Rotary trail, to fish opposite of him on the Sardis side. Lol. Three beaks then emerged from the bush and starting fishing the tail out of the run we were working down too. Disgusted I left the area. Went up river and found every pullout with 2-3 cars parked. Fished a few more spots in between the pull outs and despite prime water conditions found no love or saw anyone else finding love. Cheers. Next time!

The good ole Vedder... I don't fish this system often because of a few reasons but decided to give it a go last week as its been while... Some things never change, started early and got to my first run, no one there...perfect...start working it from the top and boom a couple guys drop in below me with nothing more than a hello/fak u we are low holing you nod... Ah yes, this Vedder the day has just began.

Later on around noon head up river, couple cars at all the regular spots,  I stop at a spot I pulled one from in the past, no cars, water looks good, lets fish. I'm doing my thing, river is noisy but i can hear someone approaching from behind. I turn around and I see a clown show walking down. first guy approaches, gum boots with tucked in jogging pants, tackle box and rod in one hand, full on rum and Coke WITH ice in a glass cup jingling away as he walks up to me...wtf? This guy serious? Guy number two dressed the same except he a rod and 2L of Coke in one hand and a 26 of rum in the other hand. Guy three was a walking Simms catalogue, new everything...jacket, waders, boots, toque, carry a couple nice rods. This spot has enough room for two friends to fish it, so now there ar four of us. These guys weren't too chatty and seemed to be professionals at mean mugging so I put a couple more out there and left.

Drive further upriver to a new spot. Do a little bushwhack walk and get to a nice run. Fish it for a while and i put my backpack on the rocks while I am standing on an exposed rock out in the water.. Doing my thing and turn around and some guy sitting down beside my backpack. I head on over, nice enough guy just thought it was weird to sit down beside someone stuff. Share a few fish stories, he said he saw me from way down the river and had to come see the run...hmmm.. I take off and let him have it. Head home, always an interesting day. Came home with some garbage as souvenirs for the day.

Dave

• Old Timer

Good post and good on ya for picking up some garbage ;)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

........river is noisy but i can hear someone approaching from behind. I turn around and I see a clown show walking down. first guy approaches, gum boots with tucked in jogging pants, tackle box and rod in one hand, full on rum and Coke WITH ice in a glass cup jingling away as he walks up to me...wtf? This guy serious? Guy number two dressed the same except he a rod and 2L of Coke in one hand and a 26 of rum in the other hand. Guy three was a walking Simms catalogue, new everything...jacket, waders, boots, toque, carry a couple nice rods. This spot has enough room for two friends to fish it, so now there ar four of us. These guys weren't too chatty and seemed to be professionals at mean mugging so I put a couple more out there and left.......

did they look like this???????????   
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

CohoMan

• Old Timer

River fished well last Monday. The wife and I got 1 hatchery fish each by 9a.m and then it slowed down for Tuesday Wednesday. Thursday the wind storm came and I don't think too many fishermen were out.

Friday my buddy and I walked into a run and I got 1 wild and later 1 hatch. My friend got a nice 13.38lb hatch. We were done by 9:30a.m.

Both Sat and Sun was spent searching for them without avail.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

[/quote] Yes! That's who I saw coming out of the bush to fish the tail out! Who are they?

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Jesus Christ Ricky!

Floater

• Old Timer

Oh man that was probably the best thing i read on this forum in a while. . . LOL a scene right out of a Canadian classic show.
[

Dave

• Old Timer

Oh man that was probably the best thing i read on this forum in a while. . . LOL a scene right out of a Canadian classic show.
X2 ;)  Loved that show and still watch re runs.  Back in my youth I can remember a Ricky and Julian; Bubbles not so much but imo, he was the best actor in the cast.  True Trailer Park Canadiana :)

TheLostSockeye

X2 ;)  Loved that show and still watch re runs.  Back in my youth I can remember a Ricky and Julian; Bubbles not so much but imo, he was the best actor in the cast.  True Trailer Park Canadiana :)

Season 10 comes out on Netflix on March 28th !
My All time favourite show.

On a river conditions note. River looks real good today. Nice Steely Green.

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

Gre heee heeeeasy boys

John Revolver

Gin Clear Water from top to bottom yesterday.

and the river was pretty much empty. hardly any fisherman and no fish.

Lots of the usual guys up at the cement slab but that was it.

TheLostSockeye

Gin Clear Water from top to bottom yesterday.

and the river was pretty much empty. hardly any fisherman and no fish.

Lots of the usual guys up at the cement slab but that was it.
Don't know where you were fishing. But was packed with people in the upper and the lower. I fished quite a few runs in the upper and lower. No fishes.

NothingToSnagAbout

Spring break, lots of moms and dads take the weeks off, too

John Revolver

Don't know where you were fishing. But was packed with people in the upper and the lower. I fished quite a few runs in the upper and lower. No fishes.

I dont know which river YOU were fishing.

Started my upper river circuit at first light.  worked my way down 6 different spots. Drove way down to below the train bridge to target some late runners then  drove up to the crossing and worked my way down to Peach and then back up. Then I drove back up top to finish at Allison.

Hardly.Any.Body for a sunday lol.

I did notice tons of cars at wilson/gunbarrel. maybey you were there
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:16:20 PM by John Revolver »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

if you thought that was busy man you need to do some exploring and get away from the crowds. i drove by prison on the way out and there was only one car there on a Sunday. camped up there and fished half Friday, Saturday and Sunday and was only into one hatch about 6lbs. worm free lol.  a buddy of mine hit one but broke it off, all within 20 minutes of each other. other than that nothing. o well, weather was beautiful and water even nicer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:10:21 PM by bigblockfox »