Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So now that the dust has settled....  (Read 6144 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
So now that the dust has settled....
« on: September 30, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »

What are your predictions for the 2 Fishing with Rods hockey leagues?  I feel that I have 2 solid teams now, and have made some awesome deals and moves to get the players I wanted. ;D  Now they will just have to play so I can see if I made the right decisions.  I am banking on some yourger players having good years, but I have a really solid starting line-up in both leagues.  How do you guys feel about your teams?  Let the trash talking begin.  Rick, your teams looked good, but what happened??  Oh yeah, I remember, you traded 3 of your top players to me for one guy and looked after pretty much all the concerns I had with one of my teams!! ;D ;D  Thanks, Buddy, I know I could count on you!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: So now that the dust has settled....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:17:32 PM »

If you knew one thing about hockey it would probably help you put together a team !!! your team sucks ... really badly!!! I can't wait till we go head to head and I get to give you your first loss of the season :) you are going down Steel  BUWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 04:59:50 PM »

I have made no deals and dont need them right now. I am happy with my teams untill they actualyl start playing in the regular season. If some players go in the tank I will make the adjustments needed.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:26:10 AM »

i have made a few deals in the second league. I am happy with my offense and goalies, but i am a little concerned with my defense. That will change with the deal that is pending though. Cohoslayer is goin' down first round.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »

I've only pulled one deal so far. It may have looked a little lopsided against me but it was my idea and I stand by what I've done. As far as the two leagues are looking, Eddie will win the first one. There is no way he won't, his team is just too stacked. As far as the second league is concerned, right now I have the best group of forwards howeve, I am still a little weak on D. I do still feel like I have one of the top teams though.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »

I've only pulled one deal so far. It may have looked a little lopsided against me but it was my idea and I stand by what I've done. As far as the two leagues are looking, Eddie will win the first one. There is no way he won't, his team is just too stacked. As far as the second league is concerned, right now I have the best group of forwards howeve, I am still a little weak on D. I do still feel like I have one of the top teams though.
Lopsided against you my my friend, who are you trying to kid.  You went after thise players because of their shoot totals and totally took STB to the cleaners on that one.  Not all of us are blind to what is going on!!  No wonder you wanted that trade!! ::)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

Lopsided against you my my friend, who are you trying to kid.  You went after thise players because of their shoot totals and totally took STB to the cleaners on that one.  Not all of us are blind to what is going on!!  No wonder you wanted that trade!! ::)

Yes, but going from Briere to down to Bergeron is a bit of a downgrade and Weight vs. Reinprect..... ::)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »

First place in the first pool after the first day. But im gonna miss turgeon and Federov both being on the injured reserve.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

Ok so maybe I didn't do so bad in that trade....Steve Reinprecht leading the league in scoring....I'm sure it will be short lived.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/statistics/?season=regular&players=skaters

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »

I am third in one and second in the other!!  But that will change!!  I did have a 3-2 lead on Ricky but he took over in a couple other categorys last night.  Mind you, that will change tonight as I take the lead back!! ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »

by the end of it ill hopefully be in first for both pools
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 02:37:58 PM »

Now I am first and second!!  Also it was nice kicking your my friend Ricky!!  Next up STBitch!!  You are in trouble my little friend!! ;D ;D
Roekid, you haven't got a hope unless you make some trades, send one over, we'll see what happens!! ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 04:29:03 PM »

Well i just figured how it works, And I have been sitting the sedins ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »

Excuses,excuses, you just got spanked by me!  ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »

ya that was the first one, dont worry, Next couple of weeks i should be in 2 or 1st
weeeeeeeeeow!