Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: another day on the ved March 6th  (Read 1753 times)

silverback

another day on the ved March 6th
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »

Hello all you steelheaders! Silverback here with a short report ,it seems to be quiet on the river these days. Haven't be out since last report so i was worried that i would go out with no luck behind me,so hit the run this morning with montegobay man & and my bro from up country we'll call him (trigger) ,got to the run and noticed the water has drop again,and gin clear. well proceeded to cast and about 7am trigger taps and rolls one and tells us i just saw a flash,i said right on! There is something in here. so we keep on pounding up and down the run with nothing to show. At about 8am montegobay shout fish on,a great fight insued up the river and back down all that to find it was a dolly about 5-6lbs just as montegoman was ready to bring it in it took one good jerk and snap fish off!! So back fishin' we go,about 10mins later its my turn fish on on for about 5secs which seemed like 5 mins and it was gone.well i look at montegobay as he laughing what the hell.oh well we keep on trying needless to say montegobay and i got it a few more hook ups and no pics to show.Trigger well he was looking at us says what the heck does my line stink or what you guy are unbelievable,piss me off as he shakes his head so we reminded him that steelies are a fish of a thousand cast and tomorrows another day.As the sun came out the fish jaws locked up and that was it for us for the day,it was lunch time anyways. Even though we didn't get any pics to show, it was a great day!!! ;D

cheers and tight lines
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:42:03 PM by Rodney »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: another day on the ved
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:58:33 PM »

So busy with a number of issues including the gravel excavation on the Fraser River, Minor Hockey Day in Chilliwack, year end for both the softball league and FVSS I have had no time to write the journal.

I guess it was nearly a week ago I took one. The next day I missed two and lost one.

Today I got out first thing and wouldn't you know it I picked up on a fish on the third cast and was asleep at the switch and picked up on it and had it on for a few headshakes. Maybe it was because I was up around 4:30 that I was not too alert. There seems to be so many e-mails to deal and other issues to work on .Unless I do them first thing they do not get done as of course I wish to go fishing.

The gravel issue as I mentioned takes up some time especially making copies of the filming Frank and I did.
Have done about 10 copies that I had to get to certain people and more to do.

After missing the fish that would not come back I met up with stdslayer and I missed one allmost right away on a shrimp but it would not come back either. My early start caught up with me and shortly after 2 I decided to head home for a nap. Just as I got to the Leaf Mobile stdslayer was into one. As he fights it I phone the hatchery to see what they need. They say one hatchery doe and 3 wild bucks. When stdslayer gets it within view it is a wild doe so it is released.

I heard later he got a nice wild buck in the 18 pound range so there is still some nice ones out there. I will slip out for a short trip tomorrow and try to get a buck for the hatchery and improve on my 26 for 36 record. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:16:03 AM »

Question: Why would the hatchery need a hatchery doe ? I thought they only use wild fish.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 05:40:17 AM »

Question: Why would the hatchery need a hatchery doe ? I thought they only use wild fish.
Not being used for brood stock, a study in Vancouver, no need to worry. ;D ;D ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 05:57:21 PM »

Or may be the Hatchery staff need fresh fish for a party. ;D ;D ;D

By the way, did the rain colour up the water or raise its level?

the carp

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:43:11 PM »

hello funfish, carp here , no colour no rise, but this afternoon, big rain big hailstorm, when i closed woody's there seemed to be a slight tinge of green so maybe a little colour tomorrow

the carp

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 10:42:36 PM »

Thanks Carp for the update.