Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lower Fraser Oct 22  (Read 2011 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
lower Fraser Oct 22
« on: October 22, 2004, 06:22:36 PM »

Well I worked it so I would only have to work for a few hours today then off fishing I go to test out the fresh dog roe that I just cured, "thanks for the recipe Rod".  Got to the river at about noon, guys there said only one jack caught all day, I fished hard for two hours with only a couple small hits, then it was fish on! a small hatchery coho jack, made me feel good, at least I know my roe works. But that was it, left the bar about 5, only two small jacks caught all day, water was a little cloudier than last time I was out.

fishersak

• I'm a llama!
Lower Fraser
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 09:48:42 PM »

Thought I would get a few hours in after work today on my way home.  Armed with a fresh box of Crispy Kremes to share with my fellow fishers, I headed down to the water.  As I drove up to the spot I realized that there were NO cars there...oh oh...not a good sign ???  Parked anyways, and as I was getting out of the car I realized the water's visibility was not very good...another bad sign :-\  I was contemplating heading home and eating the entire box of Kremes myself when a GIANT fish (probably a coho of about 10-12 lbs if it's chrome color was any indication), jumped out of the water, leaving a big splash.  Needless to say I was encouraged by this and quickly readied my gear.  Shaking with anticipation I climbed down the rocks, only to observer ANOTHER chrome body roll right on the surface only about 15 feet from shore!  Now I am bursting with anticipation.  It is just me, the river, the jumping fish, and 3 other fishers (2 comorants, and a seal).  Long story short, here is the tally:  Seal: one really nice looking bright salmon which he paraded back and forth in front of me as if to taunt me, comorants: somewhere between 20-30 small fish (don't those things ever fill up  :o :o :o), me:  Nothing, zip, nada, skunked....again.  Despite several fish showing themselves finning and jumping around me....I had no hookups on spoons, blue foxes,  spinners, and even tried the Rodney Hsu special.  Water needs to clear up before I will have a real chance of hooking one of those fish I know are there.  At least the wildlife was there to keep me entertained.

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Lower Fraser
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:19:46 PM »

Good post Fisher, sorry about the bad luck and the seal but that's the way it goes sometimes. You'll do better next time :).

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 10:45:14 PM »

Good thing Rod wasn't there, otherwise the seal would have gone hungry ;D.

At least you had the forsight to buy Krispy Cremes so you would not return home empty handed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:49:44 PM by FishOn »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 10:49:32 PM »

Oh ya SURE, he shows up with donuts on the day when none of us will be there. ;D

fishersak

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 10:57:28 PM »

Yeah, where were you guys....god knows you could use some of the "doughnut" pounds ;)  Eh Rod.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 10:58:22 PM »

Oh ya SURE, he shows up with donuts on the day when none of us will be there. ;D
Good thing Marco didnt show up...... ;)