Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition Presented Today, Re Fish Farms  (Read 2912 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Petition Presented Today, Re Fish Farms
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »

Glad to see Fast Eddie's handlers advised him to ditch the war paint, lol!   The apathy shown by Dix was revealing as well; I think those folks voting NDP in the hopes of changing the way salmon farming is practiced here in BC will be disappointed.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »

Glad to see Fast Eddie's handlers advised him to ditch the war paint, lol!   The apathy shown by Dix was revealing as well; I think those folks voting NDP in the hopes of changing the way salmon farming is practiced here in BC will be disappointed.
No, as the NDP being government on May 14th with the Liberals out and no Greens the NDP will be the best party to make the needed changes. Many NDP MLA's support getting the fish farms out of the ocean onto the land where they belong.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:23 PM »

The apathy shown by Dix was revealing as well; I think those folks voting NDP in the hopes of changing the way salmon farming is practiced here in BC will be disappointed.

I have to agree with you Dave.....  although I hope Chris's NDP party will do the right thing (if they get elected). Unfortunately the way they are making spending promises, they will need all the jobs and tax revenue from where ever they can get them.

The greens on the other hand seem pretty clear about what they will do with the ocean feedlots on migration routes.

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »

No, as the NDP being government on May 14th with the Liberals out and no Greens the NDP will be the best party to make the needed changes. Many NDP MLA's support getting the fish farms out of the ocean onto the land where they belong.

Yeah, they most likely will win but nothing will change re salmon farming.  "Many NDP MLA's" ....  means nothing when the boss disagrees ...  Sorry bud, you're dreaming and have been caught up in the election hype.  The good news is you can go fishing on the 15th ;D
The Green Party forming anything significant in BC is a long way off in the future.