Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Irresponsible Dog Owner  (Read 3885 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Irresponsible Dog Owner
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:10:31 AM »

I just see a man and a dog having some fun. Got a good chuckle out of it. The angler didn't seem concerned or upset in any way. On the contrary! ;D

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »

Actually it's the angler who is irresponsible.
If you're not keeping a fish you must release it as quickly as possible, even an my friend snagged chum on the Stave.

Hoop71

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »

In other news......we are suppose to get a little rain this weekend. ::)

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 07:55:45 AM »

Ebi Fisher strikes again

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »

I'd be worried about my dog getting a hook in the face if it popped out or he bit down on it.

He shows another vid with a chum flopping on the shore...based on the color I cant she him keeping it so its another example of poor fish handling.prolonged releases or dragging fish up on the beach or both big no no's in my books.

purple monster

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »

they do call them dog fish

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »

Nothing to see here, move along..

bj23

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »

Poor Skipper.

hammer

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »

In my opinion, Skipper's owner needs to be responsible for his dog's well-being. Having your dog swim around a hooked chum is asking for trouble. What happens when the hook comes out and hooks Skipper? In addition, if I were playing a fish and under the ethical responsibility of bringing in that fish in a timely and careful manner, then I wouldn't want Skipper swimming around and mouthing it. Some dog owners are very aware that not all the world loves their dog and do their best to minmalize their pet's unsolicited impact on people around them. Dogs play a very important role in many peoples' lives. That being said, when I am fishing, I would not want a dog barking at me, jumping on me, or putting itself at risk from my gear, or mouthing a steelhead I am about to release.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »

In my opinion, Skipper's owner needs to be responsible for his dog's well-being. Having your dog swim around a hooked chum is asking for trouble. What happens when the hook comes out and hooks Skipper? In addition, if I were playing a fish and under the ethical responsibility of bringing in that fish in a timely and careful manner, then I wouldn't want Skipper swimming around and mouthing it. Some dog owners are very aware that not all the world loves their dog and do their best to minmalize their pet's unsolicited impact on people around them. Dogs play a very important role in many peoples' lives. That being said, when I am fishing, I would not want a dog barking at me, jumping on me, or putting itself at risk from my gear, or mouthing a steelhead I am about to release.

I totally agree with your last sentence.

I have personally hooked another anglers dog because his dog kept trying to grab our hooks as we cast and finally managed to succeed and I had kept asking the owner if he could get his dog to just lay on shore, at least the situation played out in a good way. My buddies dog he has loves to bark and get in the water trying to grab our fish which at times can be very annoying and dangerous for her....she is getting better as she ages thankfully. My dog barks at everyone however once you pet him he is fine, I also don't bring him often and only when it's warm out.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/