Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sasamat lake. no fish August 25th  (Read 5072 times)

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
Sasamat lake. no fish August 25th
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:08:56 AM »

went this morning with a friend, No bites, Only guys there, I think it was over fished by europeans,  They think its like total source of food or something.  They pile their car up with trout.  I reported it to the dfo but im sure they stopped by tim hortons before going there.  By that time they already had about 30-40 trout. Guess will wait till next season when they restock it again.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 10:12:57 AM by Rodney »

Sandhead

Re:Sasamat lake. no fish August 25th
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:22:20 AM »

I've been to sasamat and seen people of ethnicities other than european catch and keep way more fish than the posted limit,  so I don't think the problem is limited to Europeans.

Were you using bait? I've seen lots of people use cooked shrimp there. I've always had more luck at buntzen than at sasamat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 10:23:21 AM by Sandhead »
Ain't no HO like a COHO

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 07:12:47 PM »

Stop being so fucken racist ppl.  Don't start generalizing.

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 08:21:29 PM »

I just use good old plastic pink worms, and cast and reel. Only caught 1 trout there in my 10  trips i have been there.  Next time I will take my camera so how the proof to everyone.....  I know the dfo does go there, I got checked there once before.

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 09:33:32 PM »

Yeah, and one time I saw a lawyer a social worker and a priest fishing there.  Then the dock started to sink, and the social worker yelled "SAVE THE CHILDREN"  Then the lawyer screamed "F**ck the kids" and you all know the rest.  ;)

Jon out.

PS, lots of ethnicities fish there, and some keep more than they are supposed to, but instead of brooding about it on the internet, try talking about it with them.  It may work some times.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 07:33:01 PM »

I bet most of them don't even know the limits of fishes allowed to be caught there. Especially if they are foreign. so i don't know why all the hate.

otto

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 09:18:59 PM »

used to hand out a piece of paper with the regs for Sasamat printed on it, in 12 different langauges. Most people were very receptive to it and ceased fishing (over the limit). the one guy that threatened me with a knife ended up with a broken arm, fishing rod, no knife and a bath in the water.

people just dont give a s*** anymore.  >:(

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »

Otto.....I like your style! You and me need to hang out in the Vedder parking lots sometime...... ;D
You don't make friends with salad.

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:39:20 PM »

Otto,

Assault ain't something to joke about.  If you really did break that guy's arm, then you did something way worse than overfishing.

People get killed over more trivial things.  3 Guys from my high school days got murdered because of stupid confrontations.

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 10:30:01 AM »

carpman...re-read this sentence:
"the one guy that threatened me with a knife ended up with a broken arm"

sounds perfectly reasonable to me...in fact a broken arm sounds like a light punishment but props to Otto anyways for showing restraint.  Ever been threatened with a weapon?   Kicking the sh*t out of someone may be over reacting to someone overfishing, but it's not an over reaction to being threatened.  
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

otto

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 07:16:53 PM »

i do not like violence. but i also do not like people getting in my face with a weapon because they do not like someone telling them the regs. for the record, the individual i dealt with had been approaced by three other persons and told to stop fishing with illegal gear, and to stop retaining over the limit.. each time the guy was verbally and physically aggressive. the broken arm happened when i spoke with the guy about the regs and he erupted in rage and pulled out his fillet knife, waving it at me and screaming obscenities. the dock is narrow and not much room to step back. I side stepped and slammed his knife hand onto the metal bar at the side of the dock, to disarm him. then he got a bath when another individual stepped in to help restrain him. police were involved and i received thanks from the people on the dock and the police.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 07:18:35 PM by otto »

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »

good for you otto there sure is alot of people there take over there limits.I remeber when you could get fish there at anytime of the year and get  alot of fish...my son and I went there today in the afternoon just for a sort time it was raining we got skunked but saw sum nice jumpers They sould have signs there saying 4 fish limits only not sure why they dont..anybody no why they dont they have them at buntson lake...

carpman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 09:20:37 PM »

I should clarify what I meant.  Defending yourself when someone comes at you with a knife is certainly ok.

However, I think that the situation may have been avoided and didn't have to escalate.  You don't have to badger someone to the point where they would threaten you.  He may have just wanted to be left alone.

Just hope people don't take matters into their own hands. Thats all  ;)

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 01:25:23 AM »

lol if you try to break people arm's that threaten you then good thing you did it to someone who can't do anything about it after. I woudln't recomend you doing it in the cities you might just be digging a grave for yourself.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 09:06:06 AM »

Anyway, back to fishing at Sasamat L.  I prefer to assume that gmoney had a little TIC going on his Whities comment.  Nobody can deny that orientals get a bad rap from us Whities.  Once again, a few bad apples...