Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2011  (Read 4816 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:27 PM »

Keep the reports coming. ;) We almost went yesterday, kicking ourselves now for not going. Sounds like the lower section is still going strong from this and other reports so maybe it'll produce well for a couple more weeks. :)
Not a chance, heading to the North side. ;D ;D ;D

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »

Thanks Rod....

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »

Not a chance, heading to the North side. ;D ;D ;D

You all can go over there while I enjoy the solitude and maybe some fish. ;D

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »

...and you might just connect with a steelhead.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:34 PM »

...and you might just connect with a steelhead.

Based on my past season records, I think I'll stick with coho for this time of the year... ;D

frozensalmon

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »

this is sad sorry to hear that

was your GPS mounted on your windshield?
more coho, more coho... ::)

penn

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:36 AM »

NEVER program your GPS with your house - they break into a car, use the gps to go to your house (knowing you're not home cause they just left your car) and use a garage door opener they took outta your car for example or keys if you left them in or break a window....  if you must use a GPS to get home, program it to a store or gas station or something close to home so it takes you to your neighborhood.
You don't think they could take the address off your insurance papers anyway ? Of course you should never leave a garage door opener or keys in your car  . That's asking for a b&e at your house .

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

GPS was hidden under the seat but I guess they had time to look....

ICA

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 07:58:24 AM »

Cohoman
First of all, ignore those negative comments about your postings, and as Rodney said, keep them coming; its what this forum is all about. Your posting on this break-in was a good reminder for us all to be vigilante and also keep an eye for the properties of our fellow fishermen. If we spot someone behaving in a suspicious manner, say like wondering around and not really preparing to go fishing or even look like doing any fishing, then keep our eyes peeled. Every little bit helps I suppose. What has precipitated from this discussion so far is very helpful information for our consideration such as leaving our GPS, programming home address on GPS, Insurance papers, garage door openers, house keys and any other items that might be useful for the potential B&E thug.

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »

Keep the reports comming in. Everyone knows there are two sides of the Fraser to fish and when to fish them. A phone call to any fly and tackle shop will get you the names of the flows on which to fish. The links on this site will also get you info on where to go.
When I worked at a  local tackle shop in the beginning I was very hesistant on giving out specific info to customers. The shop manager overheard a conversation I had with a customer and told me not to worry about feeling bad about spilling the beans because the other shops send hundreds of people throughout the season to "North side" and the"South side". Some good customers even leave with maps.

Its fine if you don't want to post reports but you don't have the right to tell others not to post about their days trip,detailed or not.
Thats my rant on this on going thing 'bout posting reports.
It ain't the roe bro'

azafai

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »

I love reports and soon I will start my owns. 

Like as I mentioned in the past the purpose of this kind of forums are sharing information, experience, and knowledge .

no need to negatively overreact and overemphasize on that.

those who are after information they are getting it anyways and there are tons of different sources available nowadays.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »

Another tip
if you have a windscreen mount for your GPS they leave circles showing that you have one :-\
give the area a clean when you remove it :)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:25 PM »

You don't think they could take the address off your insurance papers anyway ? Of course you should never leave a garage door opener or keys in your car  . That's asking for a b&e at your house .

You should photocopy your insurance and black out (or cover the original when copying) your address......
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 10:43:11 PM »

only 30 cars at norrish? I counted 47 last year on remembrance day. If you want to have fun there you need to fish it while the Vedder is still good and later in the season when the crowds have died down. Vedder is a great place to be fishing right now with next to no one around and lots of fish

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 02:29:36 AM »

only 30 cars at norrish? I counted 47 last year on remembrance day. If you want to have fun there you need to fish it while the Vedder is still good and later in the season when the crowds have died down. Vedder is a great place to be fishing right now with next to no one around and lots of fish

I bet youll get some love from someone for saying the name when it clearly is not mentioned for a reason, lol just wait