Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake, March 25th 2009  (Read 1030 times)

shawn_john

Kawkawa Lake, March 25th 2009
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »

Yeah went up to kawkawa lake today got there and there was hail , snow, and rain then it past and got sunny, there were quite a bit of hatch going on the water but couldn't get any had one bite for the 4 hours i was there and the other boats weren't catching either. was trolling flies and then switched to spinning rod with willow leaf and flat fishes and double wedding bands. I guess the lake was turning that  explains why there was no bites going on.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Kawkawa Lake, March 25th 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »

That's too bad Shawn. :( Did you try krill or deli shrimp on the bottom at all? We may give it a go tomorrow.

shawn_john

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »

No I haven't used krill or deli shrimp before but i keep hearing about it , may try that technique another time.

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »

Was up there last Sunday, the 22nd, and I think the entire lake was skunked, beautiful day, saw a few risers, but only had one nibble the whole day, alot of members of flyfishBC?(?) up there that day as well, saw some stunning examples of fly casting...but it didnt seem to impress the fish though...
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

island boy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »

thats wierd. was up there on the 21 and my buddy and me put 20+ each to the boat. dyed krill on bottom. they bite so softly that its hard to tell. after we figured it out it was one after another.
you kill it, you clean it.