Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deer Lake - Burnaby  (Read 3233 times)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
Deer Lake - Burnaby
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:19:51 PM »

Anyone here caught decent size fish at Deer lake lately?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Deer Lake - Burnaby
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

Isn't that lake like choked with weeds like millfoil etc. I went there once with the kayak and the lilys were so thick where I launched it was like &%#$. Have fun. Don't spread the millfoil around :'(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »

Burnaby Lake doesn't have much milfoil in it, alot of lily pads but in the center of the lake it's clear. Launch from the Eagle Creek side and it'll be easy as silk. Mind the duck poop tho, and it's really shallow until the middle. Suppose to have fish in it too, but I aint never caught nuttin.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:08:01 PM »

Thats right, I'm wong it was Burnaby lake I went to. Was way back and a fishing parrot told me there were bass in burnaby lake. Did hear they wanted to remove some of the weeds from the lake and they should. Would be anice lake if they did. You can see the rowing club swath  when you drive by. I thought Deer lake had oxygen problems or something? The Bruntte had the odd steelhead in it.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

gofish

• doh!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »

they remove alot of the lilypad-type plants and dredge in Burnaby lake almost year as the pads are choking the open water. There are a few trout and alot of carp in there but pollution from all the Still Creek area drainage ditches is a huge problem for the lake and then the Brunette river. Deer lake has some huge carp lurking around and there seems to always be a few fisherman set up along the shore trail.
get off the couch

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »

In regards to Deer Lake,

I've caught some hatchery rainbows there trolling around in my tube, check the stocking updates to see when the best times will be.

There are also some large carp cruising about.

A small boat or float tube works well as there is limited shore casting around the lake. There is a small dock at the east beach end, you will quite often see a few folks fishing from it during spring/summer.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »

Deer Lake is scheduled to be stocked with 800 Fraser Valley rainbow trout on Tuesday April 4th.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »

What time Rodney ? ;D