Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 165867 times)

younggun

• Old Timer

conditions were decent yesterday, there is about 2.5ft of visibility with a tiny bit of gray visible, personally i'd like another half foot to foot of visibility but what ever, we all have our favs. Lots of access to the river from the roads, but walking in ice crusted snow, or one trails covered in ice is fun!  ::)

good luck.
Fish killer 101

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Perfect conditions today, only saw 3 guys out. Not many places to park near the river if you plan on fishing up from the crossing, unless you are lifted or 4x4. Saw a small red car in the ditch, with a couple fishermen, and others helping to dig them out, good people.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Fishable but has some clay color to it when I took a boo this afternoon. Saw some top rods, including Tooth Pick out there so there must be some fish around. ;D ;D

hue-nut

• Old Timer

conditions down low today were too milky for me (probably 2 feet), but up top they were beautiful

dss

I've found mid-mid/upper has been pretty cloudy with only a foot or less visibility in the last 2-3 days. As you get down to the crossing it seems to clear up to about 2 feet or so. Weekend should be in similar shape with cool temperatures predicted.

jeff

When I was out yesterday it was low and clear it depends what happens tonight if it stays cold it should be allright.
Enjoying the water..........

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

The whole river is in good shape. Headed out just before 5 when the snow started coming down hard at tamahi.
The Bigger The Better!

HOOK

• Old Timer

good vis' in the lower end where i was fishing today. I would say a solid 3 feet or better. did see one fish hooked but that was it.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

I was up by the vedder bridge on vedder road today... water was pretty good! i'd say roughly 3 feet... nothing was happening there. Saw a coouple of bucks jump.  headed down to allison pool as well but not too much going on there as well.  I'm thinking of going back out there on tuesday.
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

hue-nut

• Old Timer

water conditions were sick today right from Keith Wilson up to the Cement Slab. Down low vis was 3 to 5 feet, and unlimited up top.  I would say that the river will hold out for the next day or so depending on the temp. I am headed out tomorrow for sure.

dss

Water was perfect Monday. Fished Lickman to start then went upper river to find quieter water. Today should hold I would think but could start to go out quick as the forecast is a lot of rain and there is tons of snow to melt.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River still fishable when I looked a few minutes ago, a few rods out too. Temperature only 2C right now so snow level is down low slowing the snow melt.

penn

hey all, i was wondering if the vedder will be fishable on sunday?  planning on going to explore for the first time... maybe  hook my first steelhead...  got the fingers crossed....  but if the conditions are rough i might as well stay home with the ol' lady and have the day at the mall...i know you dont know really what will happen its the weather for petes sake  but does anyone have an idea?  thanks greatly
Look at the river gauge at the river levels site . If it goes past 3 meters at Veddar Crossing  by tomorrow it will take some time come back down . I would wait for it to drop below 2.5 meters or so coming down from 3+ before heading out . I would think Sunday will look doubtful at this time , it usually takes more then a week to drop that much . The level is shooting up rapidly now so I would expect it to get pretty high . 3 meters ,  by the way, is full blow out conditions, while 2 is low water .

http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/formnav.asp?lang=0

river walker

3 is a good flow if the water is not cloudy and has 2 feet vis at least is PRIME
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

Lew Chater

Just had a look at the Vedder Bridge and the river is bank to bank and chocolate brown. It's going to be a few days for that to come down. Chwk Lake Rd having some problems with water and boulders, Cultus Lake Rd. was blocked this morning and now open to one lane.
Highway 3 closed in Manning Park, Coq. closed now and Highway #1 closed at Flood near Laidlaw with a slide. My rain guage says 107mm in the last 24 hours.
Good time to stay home and tye some flies or clean and oil up the reels!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:07:36 PM by Lew Chater »
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!