Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be attending the annual Boxing Day Steelhead derby?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: 2008 Boxing Day Vedder River Steelhead Derby  (Read 45775 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
2008 Boxing Day Vedder River Steelhead Derby
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

CHILLIWACK FISH & GAME PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION
65th ANNUAL BOXING DAY VEDDER RIVER STEELHEAD DERBY

RULES
1.Entry Fees:
a. Chilliwack Fish & Game Club Members, Juniors (17 and under), Seniors over 65 ………….$15.00
b. Non-members ……………………………………………….$25.00
2.Registration ends at 10:00 am on the Derby Day at the Chilliwack Fish & Game clubhouse. No ticket sales on Derby Day other that at the Fish & Game clubhouse.
3.All participating anglers must have their ticket punched at one of the designated punch stations on the morning of the Derby, before proceeding to fish. ONLY ONE TICKET MAY BE PURCHASED PER ANGLER and those who weigh in a fish must present both their punched ticket and their valid and legally filled out fishing license to validate their fish’s place in the contest.
4.PUNCH STATIONS WILL BE LOCATED AT:
a. LICKMAN ROAD 6:30 am to 8:30 am
b. TAMAHI BRIDGE 6:30 am to 8:30 am
c. THE CLUBHOUSE 6:30 am to 10:00 am
5.For the purpose of this contest, fishing will be on the Chilliwack / Vedder River from the confluence of Slesse Creek and downstream to the Hwy. 1 Bridge.
6.Fish must only be caught in the Chilliwack / Vedder River on December 26, 2008, during the contest.
7.All fish must be legally caught and all contestants must display good sportsmanship at all times. The Chairman reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for poor sportsmanship.
8.All fish must be caught and landed by the contestant alone. No snagged fish.
9.A fish shall be a clipped, HATCHERY steelhead of 5 lbs or over and must be 50 cm in length or over. There is a ONE FISH LIMIT.
10.When a contestant catches a fish, he or she must proceed to the weigh scale at the Fish & Game clubhouse and weigh in the fish. In the case of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be considered the winner.
11.Fish weighed in do not become property of the Fish & Game Club; however, they may be donated for the annual Fish & Game Dinner.
12.In the case of a dispute, the Chairman’s ruling will be final. Any protest must be in the hand of the Chairman, in writing, by 2:15 pm Derby Day.
13.All trophies and prizes will be awarded at the clubhouse at the close of the Derby. Not more that one prize will be awarded to any one contestant.
14.If cancellation of the Derby is necessary, it will be announce from the clubhouse at 9:00 am on the Derby Day, by the Chairman.
15.IN THE EVENT THAT THE DERBY IS CANCELLED, it will be held the following Sunday. The same format will apply; any exception will be announced at the clubhouse upon Derby cancellation.

TROPHIES & PRIZES
1.Trophies will be awarded in the following order:
1. Heaviest fish weighed in (King Fish Trophy)
2. First fish weighed in
3. 2nd heaviest fish weighed in
4. 3rd heaviest fish weighed in
5. 4th heaviest fish weighed in
6. 5th heaviest fish weighed in
7. Heaviest fish by a club member
8. Heaviest fish by a lady
9. Heaviest fish by a junior
10. Heaviest fish by a senior
11. Smallest fish weighed in
12. Hidden weight fish
2.Trophy winners will be given their CHOICE OF ONE PRIZE in addition to the trophy in the above order.
3.Trophies will only be awarded if there is a winner in that category.
4.Prizes remaining will be awarded by draw. Only punched tickets will be eligible to claim draw prizes.

DISCLAIMER
The Chilliwack Fish & Game Protective Association would like to point out that it is the Derby participant’s responsibility to obey all laws, speed limits and to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion. Safety should be the participant’s primary concern during driving to fishing destinations or to the weigh in station. The Chilliwack Fish & Game Protective Association in no way assumes any responsibility for the participants, their actions, or the results of their actions.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFE FISHING!

Well it is only 21 days until the annual boxing day derby. Has anyone herd of any info yet. I know it might be a little early but I thought the tickets would be out by now. This will be my first day out with my new pin, although I already have it the wife said that since it is a christmas gift I have to wait  :'( .

Mod: Derby info added to first post.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:03:52 PM by Rodney »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Re: Boxing Day Derby
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:46:28 PM »

Can't wait to catch some early steel or my first steel. I am fishless in 4 years of trying but this will be the year ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »

im sure Everyday will hit 30 fish cause he lives on the water almost so he really can fish "everyday"  ;) sure wish i lived on Chilliwack then i would fish everyday as well, unfortunately im stuck to weekends with a few weekdays tossed in  ;D wonder if i can get a boxing day fish on the spey  :-\ every boxing day out i have hit a fish (always Wild though) but still a fish nonetheless  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Baitcaster

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:03:36 AM »

AHAHA  LOL you guys ar funny your all talking like steelhead are hard to catch ahahah lol

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 09:14:02 AM »

I will be there like usual, hopefully I will catch a decent fish this year.....

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »

I won't be attending this year... I think I'm done with the derby, I will fish the 25th and 27th this year, but not the 26th - the crowding is just too much for me to take.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »

somebody needs to win other than Wade! I'm going this year, you cant win if you dont play :P

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »

it all depends if the old man feels like getting out of bed, i know i'll be up, 5:30 am.
Fish killer 101

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:49:47 AM »

If Wade can do it a 3rd time, then it looks like steelheading really can be mastered......
The Bigger The Better!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »

If Wade can do it a 3rd time, then it looks like steelheading really can be mastered......

He is not entering this year

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »

He is not entering this year

and for good reason, who wants to be followed around the river?

He has a child on the way. But that is also another good reason

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:59:20 PM »

Work in retail business meaning that I will have to be running my department that day.

Would love to go but have to wait until I quit that business- hopefully very soon!!!

nosey

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »

I'm with youngun hit the places you know and fish hard, as for the crowds, whatever the money goes to a good cause and someone's gotta win. fishing in the crowds one day a year won't kill you, look at it as a different fishing experience and smile and be polite it is a derby not a meat festival everyone can't expect to be all alone in their favorite spot, good luck!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »

I should be out there that day, I have plenty of time for scouting now....
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »

Well only 22 days until the boxing day derby and still no info  ??? Does this maybe mean that it has folded? I hope not but if it has I will still be out there to enjoy a day with good friends.  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day