Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: oooops  (Read 14000 times)

absolon

• Old Timer
Re: oooops
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »

Check your inbox. Talk to me in person and not behind a cloak, if you have the courage.

LOL! The thing about tailfeather displays on the internet is that no-one can see them, thus the need to announce them. If you aren't prepared to take it, maybe you should think twice before you dish it out.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »

Can I get your autograph? Like I said, not enough man in you to say it to me even over the phone. Wow.
Yeah Dave, that reference was a pretty gutless display by your buddy. Steve and you at least make some points,I don't take Bassman too seriously,  Abs hasn't enough smarts to debate so he goes to 2nd grade name calling. I sent him my phone number so we could talk like two men , instead of taxing our host's and the moderator's limits and patience because after all, we are guests in Rod's house.

However, as to that question Dave,  I'll be talking to my sister tomorrow and ask her about that. I'm curious too. Having gone to Dal, you must have passed through the thriving metropolis of Blandford in your time there. My uncles ran the fish plant there and all fish arrived in the round. Guts and gills by the barrel used to be dumped off the end of the dock at the end of the day. It used to crawl with lobsters.
http://

burnaby

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »

Wow, folks with thin skin really shouldn't be on the net, not good for your blood pressure. ::) No wonder there are fights on the river that reflects badly on all anglers. Retorts on internet net to fist fights in person to stabbing to shooting to bombing their home and car; is that courage  ???

I for one luvs seeing see lice on my river fish, prove they're nice and fresh. Never forget Sport Fishing is for fun.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »

Can I get your autograph? Like I said, not enough man in you to say it to me even over the phone. Wow.
Yeah Dave, that reference was a pretty gutless display by your buddy. Steve and you at least make some points,I don't take Bassman too seriously,  Abs hasn't enough smarts to debate so he goes to 2nd grade name calling. I sent him my phone number so we could talk like two men , instead of taxing our host's and the moderator's limits and patience because after all, we are guests in Rod's house.

However, as to that question Dave,  I'll be talking to my sister tomorrow and ask her about that. I'm curious too. Having gone to Dal, you must have passed through the thriving metropolis of Blandford in your time there. My uncles ran the fish plant there and all fish arrived in the round. Guts and gills by the barrel used to be dumped off the end of the dock at the end of the day. It used to crawl with lobsters.
  Bonker, I have never seen Dalhousie University; I do however have 2 cousins there, both professors.  I will be interested in your sisters comments.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

Wow, folks with thin skin really shouldn't be on the net, not good for your blood pressure. ::) No wonder there are fights on the river that reflects badly on all anglers. Retorts on internet net to fist fights in person to stabbing to shooting to bombing their home and car; is that courage  ???

I for one luvs seeing see lice on my river fish, prove they're nice and fresh. Never forget Sport Fishing is for fun.

Post of the Year!  You get my vote.  ;D

Yeah, I think I rattled someone's cage too much...lol.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »

Back in the day when I fished the Squamish for Coho, sea lice on my fish were a cause for celebration. Fresh from the chuck....

I also bought those ribs, but from Superstore.....disgusting. Took them back for a rib roast instead. And don't get me started about the "fresh" turkey I opened on Thanksgiving day........

I felt the same way when I was fishing in Kitimat with my father a long time ago.  Lice was no big deal.  However, I guess for some this is a major public health issue.  Different strokes for different folks.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 05:34:20 AM »

I'm not looking for a fight, but just proving that he hasn't the guts to say his spray to my face. Despite the bleating from our courageous hero, my point is proven.
Just for Abby ;D

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:55:54 AM by Novabonker »
http://

dnibbles

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 07:55:55 AM »

Sea lice on a fresh caught coho or Chinook used to be a badge of honour! Fresh from the salt, chrome fish. I must have missed the decision where they became one of the Four Horsemen of the Salmon Apocalypse.

For the record Sidestep, I'll meet you face to face anyday and give you a piece of my mind. I may have lots of time to make the trip soon seeing as I may not have a job lol.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:00:05 AM by dnibbles »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »

For the record Sidestep, I'll meet you face to face anyday and give you a piece of my mind. I may have lots of time to make the trip soon seeing as I may not have a job lol.
LOL!  Hope you're wrong about losing your job Nibs; I would have thought that was one of the safest in the Department considering the importance of enhancement ....

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »

I just shot me a nice young island deer.  It had the usual amount of ticks on it but I do not mind, even though I know that ticks can be very dangerous to me.  I have some nice wild food in my freezer now.  I suppose that beef and other foods may be subject to the same issue.  Am I going to stop eating it??  Nope! 
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »

I'm not looking for a fight, but just proving that he hasn't the guts to say his spray to my face. Despite the bleating from our courageous hero, my point is proven.
Just for Abby ;D

Nice diversion big guy.............but if you can't take it, you shouldn't be dishing it out. Telephones at ten paces is hardly a determinant of manliness in the real world even if it might be in your's.

Facts? Here are a couple you seem to have missed in your diatribe:

- Sea lice are not a food safety issue and their presence on a fish is not an indication of a problem. It is only a problem for those sensitive souls who think that beef and fish and pork comes from the supermarket, not the fields and oceans.

- Sea lice is not a fish health issue. Their presence does not indicate the fish are unhealthy or dangerous to eat.

- Sea lice on fish in the supermarket is not a fish farm issue. It isn't really an issue of any sort.

I have no idea what Morton is trying to accomplish by raising this issue but the net effect is that it increases costs in the food supply system and in the final analysis, those costs are borne by consumers. I suspect Morton is doing this simply to raise her own profile amongst the gullible few that will take it seriously. I also have no idea what you are trying to accomplish by supporting her position. One would think that with some background in the processing industry, you would be well aware of the above facts.

curious

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »

Geez, 30-100 lice reported per fish.
 Really says a lot about their quality control , that must do a lot for salmon sales , or any other food product in the stores for that matter.
 Sure, the lice may not be a health problem to humans, but what else is going on as the fish are grown and handled from the feedlots to the consumer. Hard to understand how anybody can be proud of such a product with this highly obvious amount of lice making it on to the store shelves.
 Maybe just the tip of the iceberg, was so good of the Americans to let us know about the e-coli in the beef. Another fiasco overseen by the CFIA.

Thanks for the article Novabonker, interesting.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:41:35 PM by curious »

jon5hill

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

Geez, 30-100 lice reported per fish.
 Really says a lot about their quality control , that must do a lot for salmon sales , or any other food product in the stores for that matter.
 Sure, the lice may not be a health problem to humans, but what else is going on as the fish are grown and handled from the feedlots to the consumer. Hard to understand how anybody can be proud of such a product.
 Maybe just the tip of the iceberg, was so good of the Americans to let us know about the e-coli in the beef. Another fiasco overseen by the CFIA.

When was the last time you pulled a salmon out of the chuck with more than 30 sea lice on it?

curious

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »

Interesting to see where the cyber-bullying and internet trolls come from, have to wonder about some's credibility.

curious

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »

When was the last time you pulled a salmon out of the chuck with more than 30 sea lice on it?

Don't think I ever have, although pinks caught seem to have more than other salmon species. The most I've seen were on Skeena River pinks, in the 70's. Have never noticed lice in the gills.
Must be quite a lice problem on the east coast if that's where the fish were from , guess it's a good business for the drug companies.
Hopefully they are not west coast fish, curious about the source.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:34:06 PM by curious »