Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Note From Don  (Read 7244 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Note From Don
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 07:53:03 AM »

Sent out by Don.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/150858-sobeys-yanks-whole-salmon-from-shelves

"Company spokeswoman Cynthia Thompson said Thursday the “product advisory” was prompted by a consumer’s concern about sea lice allegedly on a fish said to have been bought at a Sobeys outlet in Nova Scotia."

The consumer wins again!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »

Unlike the feedlots who have the government giving them free rent in our oceans, Don needs to count on the ordinary people for support.  

It's amusing to see how the only people complaining about the financial support Don generates, are the feedlot people!

Who is complaining?

All I hear is a little snickering as you guys tell us how noble he is while we watch his hand in your back pocket. That will change to full blown laughter once you start giving him money to take back to Norway.

Fighting to save our wild salmon indeed!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:47:15 AM by absolon »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »

Who is complaining?

All I hear is a little snickering as you guys tell us how noble he is while we watch his hand in your back pocket. That will change to full blown laughter once you start giving him money to take back to Norway.

Fighting to save our wild salmon indeed!
I hope you are working in some capacity to help our wild fish stocks and the environment in some way, I am sure you are.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »

I thought this would be an interesting read for those interested.  I believe it is from former Attorney General of British Columbia Geoff Plant.

http://theplantrant.blogspot.ca/2012/10/theres-lot-of-hurt-caused-in-name-of.html

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »

I thought this would be an interesting read for those interested.  I believe it is from former Attorney General of British Columbia Geoff Plant.

http://theplantrant.blogspot.ca/2012/10/theres-lot-of-hurt-caused-in-name-of.html
Yes he was a former BC Liberal Cabinet Minister, whose party has promoted salmon farming during their 11 years in power, soon to come to an end I might add. Plant did not run in the last election.

I think on this forum some of the pro guys have said no one pays any attention to Don, I think this piece disproves that. ;D ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »

Chris, what do you think about the points he made in that piece?

That is, after all, the reason Steve posted it and obviously is much more relevant than your take on both Plant's politics and Staniford's popularity.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

Chris, what do you think about the points he made in that piece?

That is, after all, the reason Steve posted it and obviously is much more relevant than your take on both Plant's politics and Staniford's popularity.
Simple, coming from a person that was part of the expansion of fish farms. Remember 2 or 3 fish van Dongen?

If you read this I believe you will see Plant involved here as well. ::) ???

http://www.strategicthoughts.com/record2003/2fish.htm

http://richardhughes.ca/politics/premier-clarks-government-says-shut-up-about-diseased-fish/

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »

Chris, do you trust any politicians?  You have backed so many and have been burned so many times ...  trusting someone like Staniford to fulfill your goal of ridding BC of salmon farms must cause you nightmares.   Is that why you post so early in the mornings? ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »

Simple, coming from a person that was part of the expansion of fish farms. Remember 2 or 3 fish van Dongen?

If you read this I believe you will see Plant involved here as well. ::) ???

http://www.strategicthoughts.com/record2003/2fish.htm

http://richardhughes.ca/politics/premier-clarks-government-says-shut-up-about-diseased-fish/

I think you misunderstood Chris; I didn't ask why you don't like Plant. I'd like to know what you think of the points he made in that article Steve posted.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »

Chris, do you trust any politicians?  You have backed so many and have been burned so many times ...  trusting someone like Staniford to fulfill your goal of ridding BC of salmon farms must cause you nightmares.   Is that why you post so early in the mornings? ;D
I donot think I have been burnt one little bit, maybe one politician burnt himself. ::) ;D

Also I feel I have accomplished a few things by being actively involved as a volunteer over many years and not just sitting on the sidelines like many do and just criticize things, under a hidden name too. ???

I do not point this finger at you as I know you have volunteered greatly too and we work side by side with the CVRCS and we can be proud of what we and many others have done the last 11 years.

One day I should write a book for Abby and the rest but who would publish it but they would be good people to do a review that I am sure would increase sales. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:09:19 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »

I think you misunderstood Chris; I didn't ask why you don't like Plant. I'd like to know what you think of the points he made in that article Steve posted.
If I find time one day but am busy on videos for the pipeline protest from today and off to better things to do this evening.

Not avoiding this but whatever we post it is always picked a part by the pick apart crew. Is it worth spending a lot of time responding?

I leave what I post for people to decide themselves what is the truth in their minds as many read this topic but donot post. The tide is changing for the work Alex, Don and others do, time will give us the verdict as will maybe Cohen, out in a few days but I donot hold my breath on that.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »

No need to reply if you'd rather not; that in itself is an answer.

What you call picking apart is really fact and reality checking on some of the things you post. You do admirable work in supporting the fish stocks but that unfortunately does not give you license to present inaccurate and incomplete information without challenge. As you suggest, people need to make up their own minds but in order to do that, they need access to good and complete information, not just selected information that is presented in a manner that inaccurately portrays the situation.

The way to avoid the "picking apart" is to rely less on your admiration for the people who supply you this information and more on your critical thinking skills to evaluate what it is they tell you. If it doesn't pass the logic test, it's going to get picked apart. That isn't a reflection on you but rather on the message you are delivering on behalf of those who are using your services as messenger.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »

The way to avoid the "picking apart" is to rely less on your admiration for the people who supply you this information and more on your critical thinking skills to evaluate what it is they tell you. If it doesn't pass the logic test, it's going to get picked apart. That isn't a reflection on you but rather on the message you are delivering on behalf of those who are using your services as messenger.

Wow!  Abby the counselor, psychologist and FWR expert on how to post....  :o   You need to check Chris's post count and compare it to your own....   ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »

What the hell does post count have to do with anything. Oh and by the way have you changed your mind on Enbridge yet??????  didnt think so, I guess your buddy Harpo is happy with that.
Take the T out of Morton.