Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Jones Lake on Sunday

<< < (2/2)

Uncivil:
It was about 30% cutthroat 70% Rainbows.

THE_ROE_SLINGER:
hi were you belly boating and what were u using.

phisherman:
I've been meaning to go up that lake for a while.  But, I hear the road condition is not quite suitable for small cars with only front wheel drive.  And, how far a drive is it from the turn off from the highway?   I just don't want to get stuck on the road and spend the $$$ on towing rather than fishing.   Also, Is it worth while to bring a float tube or an inflatable boat?  Your info would be appreciated.  Thx.

otto:
nothing wrong with the road. it is a rough road yes , but front wheel drive works great going up hill. there are some larger ruts in the road, drive slowly and watch where your wheels are  (if there is a set of ruts, dont let the wheels get into the ruts) . get to know the low points on your vehicle (transmission, differentials, gas tank, oil pan etc), and avoid letting these get hit . i drive that road all the time in my mazda pickup, and it has only 8 inches of clearance at  it's lowest point.   8)

otto:
sorry, forgot to add..it is about a half hour - 45 minute drive from the hiway if you drive carefully. if you have a larger truck it only takes about 20 minutes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version