Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: parking at norrish creek  (Read 3298 times)

mr.bean

parking at norrish creek
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »

coho season is over, so i decided to finally drive up to the railway bridge to scout the river a bit. figured a little walk down to  the dewdney slough would be fun., since the rain finally stopped. maybe some trout action. anyway, the gate i guess is usually closed, so i parked at the side of the road. lots a room there. now there are no parking signs on both sides.  a guy walking his dog told me i f i park my car there its gonna be towed. i am kind new to this  area, so i could use some pointers where else i  could park, close to the river ?

jimstone

Re: parking at norrish creek
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »

was told by a local the the gate was closed mid nov because of all the garbage that was being left behind. If there are no parking signs before the gate those are brand new in the last couple weeks.

MrGrey1

• Welcome to Our Trout Float Site!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »

Yes, the parking signs are new.. I saw the garbage right by the parked cars and it is very upsetting to me! I fish there a lot and sometimes I haul a full garbage bag of cans and papers to my vehicle. Not sure of what can be done to educate these idiots that leave the junk there. It is an ongoing problem at any fishing location and no matter what you say, there will be more people that don't care.

Once, I was yelling at some guys to come back and pick up their junk and I got nice middle finger out of it.. I wish I could get the license plate, but I didn't want to follow them all the way to the car as I was still fishing.

Just my two cents...

Happy Holidays to All!

MrGrey1
MrGrey1

DeeAngler

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:37:34 AM »

Hmmm ... sounds like another Stave river situation. Shame.

dave c

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »

you can park near the hatchery.  Its a little longer walk though.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

the signs are only for the 100 feet or so west of the gate. I was there on the 16th as well - not fishing gathering cedar twigs with the wife. Norrish has been turned into one of those sh** holes thanks to the thousands of hatchery zombies (I mean the fishermen) who pile up there is the late fall. Turns out the 1st nations folks aren't the only people who are turned off by this kind of neighbourhood invasion and local governments are paying attention.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.