Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peach Road parking lot  (Read 6963 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: went to peach road fishing spot on Vedder river.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »

All this talk about red springs in Vedder river, I say BS!
Talked to a lot of fisherman and very good anglers that fish that river almost every day.
There's NO fish! Heck theres none in the hatchery for pete sake!! You may get the odd one here and there but not like in previous years. Yes I know there is a small run of them, but big enuff that you could consistently see fish being caught and see evidence everywhere.. Blood and guts on shore. Not this year!
Funny though, every tackle shop you ask says Vedder is on Fire!!! Go get' em... What they are really saying is "spend your money, because we are not selling enough" due to the high water of Fraser, normally tackle shops should be making a killing one until end of Oct.
I would have more respect for them if they admit that fish are few and far between!
If you plan on going to Vedder river, whether u fish upper, mid river, or lower know that there ARE NOT an abundant amount of fish.
If you are a meat fisherman, save your money and time and wait until Oct!
If you just wanna get out and have fun and experience fishing in the summer, know that it will be very expensive with VERY LOW chance of hooking up with one ($20 for gas depending on what kind of car u drive, $25-$30 for tackle $10 food and drink)
Go to Superstore and buy a salmon for $20. Spend the day with your wife and kids
But if your an avid angler, don't care if u catch or not just there for the whole fishing aura... Catching is just the bonus part then ya.. Get out and give' er.

You sound like sour grapes. There are red springs in the river, you just need to find them and keep the place to yourself. I hooked into four and landed three on BC Day while enjoying some solitude...and don't ask me to tell you where because I won't. I just choose not to post about my catches anymore...especially when I use stinky roe.  ::)

Do some legwork and you shall be rewarded eventually.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:32:34 AM by milo »

MIKE1

Re: Peach Road parking lot
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »

Saw Nick Basok there today fishing the seam between the quiet and fast water. Anyone had luck there - if so, what lure? Heard some reports of springs ....

I help identifying someone, I was there that same morning, very early, I was guy with Green tshirt and black pants, between 530-630am someone stole some stuff from me.. please PM me.

coho65

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:42 AM »

right on Milo!!!!!there are lots of springs and solitude on the veddar,legwork is the key as well as STINKY roe!!!!!the only advice I'll give is early morning and late evening are the best and just because a hole has a bunch of guys fishin doesnt mean its  a spring hole!!!!

goodoldays

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

You sound like sour grapes. There are red springs in the river, you just need to find them and keep the place to yourself. I hooked into four and landed three on BC Day while enjoying some solitude...and don't ask me to tell you where because I won't. I just choose not to post about my catches anymore...especially when I use stinky roe. 

Hey Milo can u tell me where u were fishing
I would never ask a fellow angler that unless they are close friends or Family!
That is an unwritten rule of thumb when it comes to angling.
Ive always enjoyed your posts about fishing reports until you stopeped posting them.
I know why you did and I don't blame you.  Sorry if I sound like sour grapes I'm just telling it how it is.
Went out today and hooked 2 sox and 1 spring. YES I believe that is crappy day of fishing for the beginning of August. Should be a lot more fish than that... And Don't ask me to tell you the spot I was fishing at

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »

Went out today and hooked 2 sox and 1 spring. YES I believe that is crappy day of fishing for the beginning of August. Should be a lot more fish than that... And Don't ask me to tell you the spot I was fishing at

That's actually a GOOD day considering how crazy this spring/summer has been and how unseasonally high the Vedder water levels have been.

Soon you will wish there were fewer fish...there's millions of pinks en route to the Vedder.
Good luck picking out some coho among them. ;D

goodoldays

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »

Ya, I know what u mean! Hopefully with the high water the coho will be easier to find among the pinks.
I generally find pinks are close to the shore or shallow water, while the coho are just above them in a little deeper water, with a few mixed in-between them. Anywhere there's a deep slot and you see pinks traveling along shore line, bet your butt the coho will be traveling in the riffle part of the water

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »

Ya, I know what u mean! Hopefully with the high water the coho will be easier to find among the pinks.
I generally find pinks are close to the shore or shallow water, while the coho are just above them in a little deeper water, with a few mixed in-between them. Anywhere there's a deep slot and you see pinks traveling along shore line, bet your butt the coho will be traveling in the riffle part of the water

Not bad for a newb! :D

mistermongz

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »

i wanna catch a coho...only coho i caught was bbouncing the fraser last year (see profile picture) which was kinda sweet but i would rather have caught it short floating....
Fish on!!!