Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parking by the Highway  (Read 1554 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Parking by the Highway
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »

The Hope RCMP were out issuing warning notices Friday to vehicles parked on the side of highway. I'm unsure of what the actual regulation is as far as I am concerned I parked on the shoulder with just the left tires on the pavement but a couple of feet between the car and the white shoulder line. The highway was not posted as it is up around the scales. Does the vehicle have to be right off the pavement or is parking by the highway simply not legal?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

ynot

• Old Timer
Re: Parking by the Highway
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »

Thei hope rcmp should find a crime to solve,the scale is closed.they put no parking signs up yrs ago,if you are parked with no signs then should be ok.if you park in no parking area then you can get a ticket the no parking is to protect you from the trucks going to the scale but as i said the scale is not open.cars are parked at camp hope.seabird. on the side of the hwy.is hope the new no fun town.