Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Go 2 Jacket  (Read 10108 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: Go 2 Jacket
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 03:46:15 PM »

Just wear a thick fleece, the water is awrm by the time it touches skin, keeps me warm...
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Redeye

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 05:20:20 PM »

Just wear a thick fleece, the water is awrm by the time it touches skin, keeps me warm...

LOL... sounds like a good concept....

I guess you don't need waders either....let me guess... a good thick pair of fleece sweats and wool socks right?   ;D

Gutslinger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 05:46:20 PM »

I pretty much do the same as spudcoat. just throw on a hoodie my jacket leaks like a sieve and i dont find the pools of water that collect at my elbows to be all that comfertable. 

TtotheE

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 07:20:55 PM »

I have a single ply gore-tex shell (roll up into a pouch kind) by north face.  My sister got it for me at winners pretty cheap.  Keeps me dry,  but not warm.  I wear a fleece for that  :)

I've seen a show where they said that ironing your waterproof gear after washing/drying will maintain its water repellent properties.

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 07:48:39 PM »

JP:  You got the G3 Guide jacket?  Definately can't go wrong with that one.  I'm not sure its in my budget just yet though.  

TtotheE: yeah, I've heard about the ironing too.  I also spray with scotchguard after washing my jacket.  That causes the rain to bead on the jacket surface and roll off.

F4L: I heard the beading of the water is supposed to help with the breathability more than the waterproofness.  If the water doesn't bead, it gets absorbed by the jacket.  Its still waterproof but the steam from sweating will not got through the jacket as well.

I currently have a goretex parka from REI thats a general use rain jacket.  Definately keeps me dry but its a bit long so it can get wet at the bottom when wading.  Does not have large pockets for fly boxes as well, nor has the cuffs that keeps water out.

"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 10:40:15 PM »

Go for the Patagoina SST wading jacket.. its the best jacket on the market.   

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 03:29:50 PM »

Koho, that jacket was a gift, the XCR, when i saw the $ I crapped my pants. It is worth more than my truck....tis nice though.