Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 11353 times)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Introducing myself
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:38:20 PM »

Hi Guys,

After much encouragement from Mr Gadsden and Rodney, I've finally decided to make the commitment by joining this forum. I've read a ton from what comes from some very informative and friendly people, and I have to say I am very impressed!

As for myself, I have been fishing for 27 years, mainly around the Fraser Valley, and more recently into the interior and northern sections of the province. I've been flyfishing for 12 years as a hybrid, and I've been an exclusive flyfisher for 4 years.

I've been involved in a ton of fishing related activities over the years, including acting on the board of directors on the FVSS (a long time ago), worked at a couple different tackle shops in Sardis and Victoria, built custom rods, and tie my own flies. I've also worked up at the Chilliwack River Hatchery as an assistant fish culturist.

I now work for the CBC at: http://www.cbcradio3.com. I also DJ all over vancouver and Seattle at clubs and parties, and I have been doing that for the last 11 years.

I normally fish twice a week, and I'll post lots of reports and help out in any way I can!

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:08:38 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 12:44:55 PM »

Welcome Nicole.
Are you in the Fishy Shot with the steelhead this month?
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 01:12:44 PM »

Welcome aboard Nicole

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 01:19:21 PM »

Well finally.... ;D Welcome Nicole. :)

Nice to see the number of female participants growing, indicating that this is not just all for the boys, but the girls can have just as much fun. :) When I first got into competitive cycling, hardly any girls participated in it. After a few years, once the more experienced women were doing well, more signed on and now it's very popular. Good to see. :)

Redeye

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 01:27:18 PM »

Glad to see you here Nicole.  Nice steelhead by the way.  Sounds like you have a very deep fishing background.

What kind of music do you DJ?  What is your DJ name?  I have friends who DJ for a living and one friend that owns a DJ company.  Just wondering if you come from the same circle that's all.

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 01:34:17 PM »

Nicole from FISHBC? Welcome. So many good forums & so little time.

Didn't know ya DJd' Nicole, you probably know my brother, he is the Vancouver rep for Tribe magazine.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 01:58:41 PM »

Nicole...hmmm 27 years fishing?  That must mean you started at age 2  ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 02:04:51 PM »

Nicole...hmmm 27 years fishing?  That must mean you started at age 2  ;D

5 to be exact - it's been downhill ever since :)

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 02:07:28 PM »

What kind of music do you DJ?  What is your DJ name?  I have friends who DJ for a living and one friend that owns a DJ company.  Just wondering if you come from the same circle that's all.

I DJ under the alias of Binhex, and I am part of a Vancouver collective called teamlounge; here is a website with some sets you can download:

http://binhex.zed.cbc.ca/

I play mostly downtempo and mid tempo, nothing too dancefloor oriented.

Cheers,
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 02:09:10 PM »

Didn't know ya DJd' Nicole, you probably know my brother, he is the Vancouver rep for Tribe magazine.

hey I know tribe magazine, from Toronto, right? I've never met your brother, I don't think! How old is he?

Cheers,
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 02:11:41 PM »

Welcome Nicole.
Are you in the Fishy Shot with the steelhead this month?

Yes, that's me - that fish was 39inches by the way, I did not get a girth measurement. I'd say it just reached the 20 lb mark. What a fish that was!

Cheers,
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 02:13:56 PM »

Weclome aboard Nicole. :) Good to have another fisherwoman and fly flicker on this site.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 04:24:17 PM by tHe TrOuT sLaYeR »

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 02:49:07 PM »

Nicole, BillyBoy is our age, he used to work for ET bros. with GrooveRobber.

He still does his monthly article for Tribe on van's scene.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 05:23:31 PM »

Welcome Nicole. I have known Gio since he worked at Selective Angler. He also turned my wife and I onto SeaTux back in the early 90's, saved us alot of bucks since no-one made women's waders in those days.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Bantam_50

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 05:30:14 PM »

Welcome Nicole, I believe that was your cheery face at the Fly tying table. We chatted a bit just after I intro'd myself to Rodney. Good to have your knowledge here.  ;)