Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cloutier in trade  (Read 5408 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
cloutier in trade
« on: November 25, 2005, 07:38:44 PM »

there is a trade in the works , what do you think about Luongo for Cloutier  one for one ?  I have heard this trade several times already.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: cloutier in trade
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 07:40:47 PM »

there is a trade in the works , what do you think about Luongo for Cloutier  one for one ?  I have heard this trade several times already.

Mike Keena would be a moron to take that. The most comon rummor at this point in Luongo for Jovo + Clouts
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 07:46:49 PM »

Well yes Keenan would be an idiot for doing the one for one trade!!!!  I for one would love him to make this trade!!!!  I don't think that would happen in a million years though!!!!  I would have to agree with Biff, if  a trade is going to happen, I think that it would be Jovo and Clouts, for something like Luongo and horton or something along those lines!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »

Jovo will be a victim of the new nhl economics next off season so if we can get something for him now it will be a whole heck of a lot better than loosing him over the summer. That said, I would much rather have our team left intact knowing that there is some way we can keep Jovo but I just don't see it.
Actions speak louder than words.

PistolPete

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 12:14:54 PM »

I can't see it being done Nonis said at the beginning of the year that he was willing to keep the CORE GROUP together , and showed it by signing Nazzy and a couple others . Now with that said unless someone like Jovo has said he wants out why would he make the trade ? It is not as thou they are 2-12 . Plus they are saying Luongo and Horton for Cloutter and Jovo or Bert , with this year being the the year for the Canucks to something does this trade make them better this year ? NOT , maybe in 2 or 3 years .The Cloutter for Luongo part (straight across) would make us better this year(not going to happen) but not with losing either of the other 2 ? Make sense ? Also if they don't getter done this year I would expect changes . It is not how you are doing in Nov. but in May and June is what counts , Just ask all those people on the RED MILE in Calgary last year .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 12:18:12 PM by PistolPete »