Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Used Fishing Tackle Sale in Chilliwack, November 3rd 2012  (Read 15743 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Used Fishing Tackle Sale in Chilliwack, November 3rd 2012
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »

I think part of the reason could be its all the way in chilliwack. I dont mind the drive, but some people woudnt want to drive an hour to look at fishing gear. I think there needs to be a place in the middle where the lower mainland and fraser valley travel the same distance. you'd probably see a bigger turnout. Maybe abbotsford they have a lot of churches lol
They drive that far to fish. ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

They drive that far to fish. ;D

True, but the fishing condition was less than ideal to drive 80kms just to look at some tackle...if the river was in better shape, i would have been there.

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

If you want more customers remember......location location location. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »

If you want more customers remember......location location location. 
Of course everyone would like to sell more but the idea of the FVSS for these sale is to have some good fellowship, sell and buy some goodies. Also this is an out reach program the FVSS try to do a few times each year.

Besides I am able to get a very reasonable hall rental for the church that I attend here in Chilliwack.

Of course there always is an opportunity for any one else or group to put on a tackle sale at a location closer to Vancouver. :D Please post the date and location here when you are having one as some of our sellers may wish to attend.

iCemAn

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »

Location was fine last year and had a great turn out so not sure why the numbers were down this year. I agree that maybe mid September might be a good time to get guys before they hit the fall fishing rather than right now with it nearing the end. I think the location is fine as this is for the Fraser Valley. I drove from Surrey both years and don't regret it.
Richard
Teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

firebird

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:55 AM »

Firebird, hope that 2 hander outfit works for you!
I hope to give it a test drive today after I pick up my door prize at Chilliwack Dart and Tackle  :) Hopefully I can buy a tip or tips from them. Watched the spey guys up on the Thompson yesterday ... looking forward to joining them soon.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 06:23:33 AM »

nothing wrong with the location. I drove from vancouver to check out the sale. Picked up a couple spinning set ups for tossing hardware and found my new rod for pinks next fall.
I will agree that maybe changing the sale to september or october may be advantageous for the sellers.

lovetofish

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »

I think that the location is fine. We were unable to make the sale this year due to work.
Hopefully we will be able to attend next year. Personally, I like the November date better than earlier in the fall

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »

True, but the fishing condition was less than ideal to drive 80kms just to look at some tackle...if the river was in better shape, i would have been there.

I went out and fished the Vedder right after attending the sale. The fishing was excellent. So good in fact that I came back and fished the Vedder on sunday as well.
Actions speak louder than words.