Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Used Fishing Tackle Sale in Chilliwack, November 3rd 2012  (Read 15746 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Used Fishing Tackle Sale in Chilliwack, November 3rd 2012
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

Sounds like another successful event. I had to attend a different trade show. ::) any estimate on how many people came out?

Joey

Re: Book Your Table For The USED Fishing Tackle Sale
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »

FVSS directors have been busy this afternoon setting up tomorrow's used tackle sale. Be sure to drop by the sale at Carman United Church (7258 Vedder Road) in Chilliwack between 8:30am and 2:00pm.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.380687645338656.86653.111769675563789&type=1

I was very early today at the tackle sale,there is a stall there that has  a Sage XP 6 weight for sale and  few new Bare gators ,If it is not sold could you please call my cell at 778-839-0244  or reply to this post.Thanks you.

iCemAn

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

Hi Joey, that was my dads rod so I will pass the message on to him to call you. He is "flyrod" on the forum.

Richard
Teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

Sounds like another successful event. I had to attend a different trade show. ::) any estimate on how many people came out?
A trade shows for cloths I bet. ;D Maple Leaf Drennans were going like hot cakes for 2 for $8. ;DWill give a more detail report with pictures later.

Just got back looking, in the dark and rain for a rod that a friend of Milo lost from the top of his car tonight. :(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »

I Thought it was tomorrow...DOH!
Daylight Saving ends tonight, just a reminder. :D

salmonlover

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »

do you have any pictures chris? I want to know what i missed out on :(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

do you have any pictures chris? I want to know what i missed out on :(
Here you go, FVSS facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.381047328636021.86738.111769675563789&type=3

Was a good event with 12 tables sold. 2 people who said they would have a table did not show, disappointing they did not tell us they were not coming.

Don Campbell donated one of his hand made CP's that sell for around $300, I auctioned it off for $205, thanks Don for these generous gift to the FVSS and for John for buying it.

Most sellers were happy with their sales but the buyers I thought was less than last year. Most sellers said they would be back next year so we will most likely go for a 3rd one. We also sold 11 memberships and had a number of free prize draws for all that attended.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:35:14 PM by chris gadsden »

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »

Hey chris u know of any one who had some level winds that they didnt sell that the would still want to both rods and reels

crazypop

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »

Chris, you could have told me about this yesterday on the river!!

Thanks!

Dan

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »

Chris, you could have told me about this yesterday on the river!!

Thanks!

Dan
Sorry, you will have to check FWR more as we had this up for a while now. :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »

Hey chris u know of any one who had some level winds that they didnt sell that the would still want to both rods and reels
Maybe post on Buy and Sell, lots at the sale visit FWR. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »

Some great items for sale with some good deals to be had. Thanks to the Fraser Valley Salmon Society for hosting and organizing the event.

Excited about the gorgeous moby net i picked up and got a matching bar rod to one I have to make a pair.

I think I may of got the deal of the day from Nick on a silex that I didn't need but absolutely couldn't pass up.

Had to get out of there before I eyed up a few more things and hit a cash machine.

how come you passed on some Maple Leaf Drennans, 2 for $8? ;D

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:07 AM »

how come you passed on some Maple Leaf Drennans, 2 for $8? ;D

Fishing can be tough at times as it is, I'm afraid the maple leaf karma might make it tougher. If they were Canuck DNE's we might be talking  ;D

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »

This was my son and my second time renting two tables for the fishing tackle sale.  Numbers were down from last year.  Not sure what influenced the attendance. Enjoyed connecting with people and sharing fishing stories plus we sold a little bit of tackle.  Still have a ton of gear if anyone is still looking.  Thanks to Chris, Nick and FVSS team for putting this together once again.  Thanks also to Carman United church for opening their doors to this event and especially providing "Eggs & Ham Mc Muffin for breakfast and gourmet hotdogs for lunch plus coffee, pop and water for good prices.
I would encourage the team to have this twice a year: one day in early May and the other the beginning of September.  The May event to focus on tackle for spring flyfishing and summer river/ ocean fishing.  September to capture the salmon runs into local rivers plus the Fall still water fishery.  Possibly there could be some exhibits for "rod building, fly tying, bait curing, smoking fish & recipes, and practical salmon fishing information to connect youth."  The Cultus Lake Pikeminnow fishing derby could also be promoted in the May event with those with boats and possibly more guides making themselves available for families that can't afford fishing tackle or who have not had fishing experiences. 
I am just brainstorming the future possibilities for FVSS.  One thing for sure is that more younger people are needed to join and become involved in a meaningful life purpose that enhances our salmon resources and builds up the next generation of fishers!  Just some thoughts.  Rod 

salmonlover

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »

This was my son and my second time renting two tables for the fishing tackle sale.  Numbers were down from last year.  Not sure what influenced the attendance.

I think part of the reason could be its all the way in chilliwack. I dont mind the drive, but some people woudnt want to drive an hour to look at fishing gear. I think there needs to be a place in the middle where the lower mainland and fraser valley travel the same distance. you'd probably see a bigger turnout. Maybe abbotsford they have a lot of churches lol